Amid the COVID-19 crisis and the looming economic recession, the Seeds market worldwide will grow by a projected US $29.2 Billion, during the analysis period, driven by a revised compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4%. Cereals & Grains, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, is forecast to grow at over 7.3% and reach a market size of US $32.3 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
The global analysis and forecast periods covered within the report are 2020-2027 (Current & Future Analysis) and 2012-2019 (Historic Review). Research estimates are provided for 2020, while research projections cover the period 2021-2027.
An unusual period in history, the coronavirus pandemic has unleashed a series of unprecedented events affecting every industry. The Cereals & Grains market will be reset to a new normal which going forwards in a post COVID-19 era will be continuously redefined and redesigned. Staying on top of trends and accurate analysis is paramount now more than ever to manage uncertainty, change and continuously adapt to new and evolving market conditions.
As part of the new emerging geographic scenario, the United States is forecast to readjust to a 5.1% CAGR. Within Europe, the region worst hit by the pandemic, Germany will add over US $885.2 Million to the region's size over the next 7 to 8 years. In addition, over US $846 Million worth of projected demand in the region will come from Rest of European markets. In Japan, the Cereals & Grains segment will reach a market size of US $1.3 Billion by the close of the analysis period. Blamed for the pandemic, significant political and economic challenges confront China. Amid the growing push for decoupling and economic distancing, the changing relationship between China and the rest of the world will influence competition and opportunities in the Seeds market.
Against this backdrop and the changing geopolitical, business and consumer sentiments, the world's second largest economy will grow at 10.6% over the next couple of years and add approximately US $7.8 Billion in terms of addressable market opportunity. Continuous monitoring for emerging signs of a possible new world order post-COVID-19 crisis is a must for aspiring businesses and their astute leaders seeking to find success in the now changing Seeds market landscape. All research viewpoints presented are based on validated engagements from influencers in the market, whose opinions supersede all other research methodologies.
Competitors identified in this market include, among others are:
- AgReliant Genetics LLC
- Bayer AG
- Bejo Zaden B.V
- Canterra Seeds
- China National Seed Group Corporation
- DLF Pickseed USA
- Dow AgroSciences LLC
- DuPont Pioneer
- Enza Zaden
- Gansu Dunhuang Seed Co. Ltd.
- Groupe Limagrain Holding SA
- Hefei Fengle Seed Co. Ltd.
- Hunan Xiangyan Seed Industry Co. Ltd.
- Krishidhan Seeds Private Ltd.
- KWS SAAT SE
- Land O`Lakes Inc.
- Lantmnnen SW Seed AB
- Monsanto Company
- Mycogen Seeds
- Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd.
- Rasi Seeds (P) Ltd.
- Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V.
- Sakata Seed Corp.
- Syngenta AG
- Takii & Company Limited
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- UPL Limited
Vilmorin & Cie
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Seeds: Most Critical Production Resource in the Agriculture-Food Value Chain
- Recent Market Activity
- Seeds: An Evolutionary Scan over the Years
- The Vital Need to Feed the Expanding Global Population Provides the Foundation for Seed Market Growth
- Global Food Scenario: Key Facts
- Demand for Food to Witness Exponential Increase
- Climate Change and Scarcity of Resources: Major Agricultural Production Impediments
- Nutrient-Dense Seeds for Enhancing Crop Yield: Need of the Hour
- Global Food and Feed Production: A Regional Addressable Market Perspective
- Asia-Pacific: Dominant Region Worldwide in Terms of Cropped Area
- Europe: Leading Producer and Exporter of Major Agricultural Products Worldwide
- North America: Largest GM Crops Market in the World
- Latin America: Brazil & Argentina to Play a Major Role in Global Agricultural Trade
- Global Market Outlook
- Growth Drivers in a Nutshell
- Global Competitor Market Shares
- Seeds Competitor Market Share Scenario Worldwide (in %): 2018 & 2029
Impact of COVID-19 and a Looming Global Recession
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Demand for Genetically Modified Seed Varieties Drive Strong Market Growth
- Global Transgenic/GM Crop Facts in a Nutshell
- Significant Increase in Global Biotech Cropland Area Augment Demand for GM Seeds
- Genetically Modified Seeds Replace Crop Protection Chemicals in Agriculture
- Bt. Cotton: Most Promising and Fastest Growing BioSeeds Category
- Key Barriers that Hinder Widespread Expansion of Bioseeds/GM Seeds
- GM Seeds and Crops: The US Represent the Largest Global Market while China is the Fastest Growing
- GM Crops: Current Status in Key Countries
- GM Crop Plantation Area: Developing Countries Surpass Developed Nations
- The United States Lead the Way in Biotech Crops
- Asia-Pacific: The Fastest Growing Market for GM Seeds and Crops
- Latin America Witnessing Diverse Applications of Seed Biotechnology
- Seed Innovations and Advancements: Spearheading Growth
- Comprehensive Cropping System: Future of Cultivation
- Seed Solutions for High-yielding Crops
- Renewably Sourced Products from DuPont
- DuPont's Advanced Technologies for Better Seeds and Faster Growth
- Complete DNA Sequencing to Facilitate Development of Superior Groundnut Varieties
- Innovative Plant Breeding Techniques
- Select Vegetable and Fruit Seed Advancements in Recent Years
- Rising Adoption of Technology Enable Developing Countries to Turbo Charge Global Growth
- India & China: Important Current and Future Markets
- Surging Demand for Grain Seeds Benefit Market Expansion
- Growing Preference for Healthy, Organic & Unprocessed Cooking Oils Sustains Demand for OilSeeds
- Myriad Benefits of Organic Farming Drives Robust Demand for Organic Seeds
- Shift in Diet Habits towards Healthy Vegetarian Eating Fuel Demand for Vegetable Seeds
- Superior Drought Tolerance, Productivity, and Nitrogen-Utilization Efficiency Drive Demand for Hybrid Seeds
- Sustainable Agricultural Production Holds the Key to Various Seed Market Challenges & Issues
- Seed Treatment Products: Essential for Crop Protection
- Growing Demand for Non-GM Corn Seeds: A Divergent Trend
Favorable Demand and Production Trends of Various Crops Strengthen Market Prospects
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
Total Companies Profiled: 174
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/q7rgwx