NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH), owner of a portfolio of iconic brands including TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, today released a phased reopening plan for its stores in the U.S. and around the world as the company continues to navigate the COVID-19 crisis. The company is taking a measured approach, considering not only the ability to re-open but local infection rate trends, store staff readiness and training, and the availability of protective and cleaning equipment and supplies to prioritize the health and safety of associates, consumers and communities generally. Specific practices will vary by region as informed by local ordinances.
As of today, approximately 180 company-operated stores across all brands are now open in North America, along with 350 in Europe, 1,000 in Asia, 75 in Australia and four in Brazil. Phased reopening will continue over the next several weeks as additional localities lift restrictions on retail operations and other requirements are met.
“We are so grateful to our retail teams for their unbelievable dedication and hard work helping us get back to business. PVH has long worked to create an inclusive workplace environment where every individual is valued, and we recognize that everyone comes to this crisis with a different personal situation. As we collectively begin to create a ‘new normal,’ we will continue to prioritize health and safety,” said Manny Chirico, Chairman and CEO, PVH Corp.
PVH is also continuing to expand its digital connections with consumers. TOMMY HILFIGER will host a May 26 shoppable livestream event across North America and Europe on Tommy.com, featuring stylists and influencers. CALVIN KLEIN launched the Pride campaign -- #PROUDINMYCALVINS -- which explores the different perspectives of the shared experience of the LGBTQ+ community. Van Heusen and IZOD unveiled the new Heritage Brands corporate-responsibility platform on their websites. Overall, we are experiencing online sales growth well in excess of the rate achieved in 2019 and the Company believes its overall digital penetration will continue to increase throughout 2020.
The PVH global leadership team has worked across its businesses and functions on the reopening plan that includes protocols applicable to stores, warehouses and offsite locations designed with health and safety in mind from warehouse through purchase. Protocols in stores include extensive use of masks, reduced occupancy, social-distancing measures, added cleaning procedures, changes to fitting room use and enhanced return policies.
Company associates in the U.S. and Canada will add enhanced health and safety practices to daily operations including:
- Masks: New disposable masks and gloves will be provided to associates each day of work. There will be at least two dedicated receptacles onsite for safety equipment disposal.
- Assigned equipment: At the beginning of each workday, associates will be assigned labeled equipment such as two-way radios, earpieces, folding carts and rolling racks that will be cleaned after each shift.
- Temperature checks: Associates must take their temperature 1 hour prior to reporting for work – and stay home if they have a temperature at or greater than 100.4 degrees F. They also will be required at the beginning of each shift.
- Health & Safety concern reporting: Associates have several options to report any health and safety concerns including store managers, field leadership, human resources and the Tell PVH hotline.
Similar practices are being implemented in other countries and regions.
Consumers arriving at our stores in the U.S. and Canada can expect to see the following changes to support ongoing health and safety precautionary measures including:
- Social distancing requirements: There is a 6-foot radius required between all people at any given time. The maximum sales floor occupancy is one person per 200 sq. ft.
- Masks: Consumers are required to wear masks and gloves where required by government regulation.
- Hours of operation: Our stores will be open 11 am-7 pm Mondays through Saturdays, and 12-6 pm on Sundays. The modified schedule allows for additional cleaning and restocking.
- Store layout: Most locations will have one external-facing door dedicated as an entrance, and one dedicated an exit.
- Store facilities: Fitting rooms and shopper totes will be unavailable for use. Product returns will be extended to 90 days, will be dated upon return and be held in the fitting room area for 72 hours and then treated before being put back on the sales floor. Shoppers will be directed to mall restrooms.
Similar practices are being implemented in other countries and regions.
The communities where we work and live are integral to PVH and our overall purpose to drive fashion forward – for good. The PVH Foundation, PVH’s philanthropic fund specifically dedicated to nonprofit donations and volunteer programs, has announced a commitment of more than $2 million toward COVID-19 relief efforts, and PVH Supply has secured more than 16 million units of Personal Protection Equipment and protective supplies. Our partners include:
- COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund created by the UN Foundation and Swiss Philanthropy Foundation
- Better Work, a collaboration between the International Labour Organization and International Finance Corporation benefitting suppliers and workers
- U.S. and Canadian healthcare organizations including Mount Sinai Health System (N.Y.), Montefiore Health System (N.Y.), Northwell Health (N.Y.), RWJBarnabas Health (N.J.), Hackensack Meridian Health (N.J.), Lakeridge Health Foundation (Oshawa, Ontario), North York General Foundation (Toronto) and the Jewish General Hospital (Montreal)
- Feeding America, Coalition for the Homeless (NYC), Food Bank of Somerset County (N.J.), and the NYC Small Business Continuity Loan Fund
- A Common Thread, the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund initiative
- Give2Asia and The Chinese Society of the Red Cross
- Mission Australia
- European organizations Mødrehjælpen (Mother's Help), Hope, Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk, FESBAL, Opera San Francesco (Work of St. Francis), Feeding Britain, and Stichting Voedselbank Steunpunt (Foodbank Netherlands), the Red Cross Netherlands and Maison d Enfants La Sainte Famille (France)
- Fundo Emergencial da Saúde in Brazil
- CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER product has been donated in the U.S., Netherlands, U.K. and Italy to support frontline healthcare workers
- Calvin Klein is a founding partner and donor of OutRight Action International’s COVID-19 Global LGBTIQ Emergency Fund
- TOMMY HILFIGER launched a limited-edition collection of T-shirts and sweatshirts designed and voted on by consumers. Proceeds support COVID-19 causes.
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True&Co. intimates brand. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.