HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Telia Carrier, a leading network service provider, is deploying an integrated C&L-Band photonic line system from Ciena (NYSE: CIEN). This network upgrade will double the usable signal spectrum to support increasing end-user demands and deliver reliable connectivity to U.S. web-scale and enterprise customers.
- Telia Carrier is deploying Ciena’s 6500 Reconfigurable Line System (RLS) – which integrates both C&L-Band functions in a compact footprint and delivers more bandwidth to enable seamless on-demand growth for Telia Carrier customers. The RLS platform will allow Telia Carrier to expand its U.S. footprint, carry more traffic and quickly offer new cloud-based services. In addition, RLS’s open software architecture will address Telia Carrier’s need for automation and programmability.
- Expansion to the L-band has been limited to date because it has traditionally been a complex and manually-intensive process. With Ciena’s RLS, Telia Carrier will be able to overcome engineering challenges associated with L-Band upgrades, reduce deployment costs and expand into the L-Band without impacting existing C-Band channels.
- Telia Carrier will also leverage Ciena’s Waveserver® transponders, powered by WaveLogic Ai and WaveLogic 5 Extreme as well as Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) domain controller.
“Everything starts and ends with our customers, who need to be connected to everything, everywhere, without interruption. This new expansion of our network is a demonstration of our commitment to delivering exceptional network infrastructure and services, while creating a connectivity experience for our customers that is so seamless that they don’t even know we’re here.”
- Andy Haynes, Chief Operating Officer at Telia Carrier
“The digital economy continues to achieve incredible growth as the reliance on connectivity in our personal and professional lives reaches unprecedented levels. As Telia Carrier expands its’ geographical footprint and service offerings, our highly scalable and transformative network technologies will strengthen their competitive advantage and help them to stay ahead of the curve.”
- Jamie Jefferies, Vice President and General Manager of EMEA at Ciena
About Telia Carrier
Telia Carrier solves global connectivity challenges for multinational enterprises whose businesses rely on digital infrastructure. On top of the world’s #1 ranked IP backbone and a unique ecosystem of cloud and network service providers, we provide an award-winning customer experience to customers in 120 countries worldwide. Our global Internet services connect more than 700 cloud, security and content providers with low latency. For further resilience, our private Cloud Connect service connects directly to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud and Oracle cloud across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover more at teliacarrier.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive Network™ in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.