The global synthetic sweeteners market was worth $54.37 billion in 2019. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% and reach $65.73 billion by 2023.
The synthetic sweeteners market has been geographically segmented into North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa. In 2019, Asia Pacific accounts for around 55% of the market. The synthetic sweeteners market in Middle East is forecasted to register the highest CAGR during 2019-2023.
Synthetic Sweeteners Market Global Report 2020 from the author provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global synthetic sweeteners market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
Rising health awareness among global consumers contributed to the growth of the synthetic sweeteners market. The increased incidences of individuals suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity will eventually force people to lead a healthier lifestyle. For instance, in 2016, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), 31% of world's population died due to cardiovascular diseases.
The survey also states that, people with diabetes increased from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014, and the global obesity has almost tripled since 1975. In 2018, the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) has given acceptance in the use of artificial sweeteners, instead of sugar to fight against obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, factors causing heart diseases. The rising health awareness among global consumers increased the demand for synthetic sweeteners during the historic period, driving the market.
In September 2018, Firmenich SA, a Switzerland-based company specialized in manufacturing flavors for beverages, sweets and other foods, acquired Senomyx, Inc. for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition helped Firmenich SA in adding Senomyx's leading flavor innovations and strong natural ingredients to their taste platform. Senomyx, Inc. is a USA-based biotechnology company that specializes in flavor ingredients and natural high intensity sweeteners.
Major players in the market are Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Ingredion Inc., Roquette, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., JK Sucralose Inc., Dupont, Merisant Company (subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated), Celanese Corporation, McNeil Nutritionals
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Synthetic Sweeteners Market Characteristics
3. Synthetic Sweeteners Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Synthetic Sweeteners Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Acesulfame K
4.2. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Sauces and Dressings
- Other Applications
4.3. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Market, Segmentation By Distribution Channel, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Convenience Stores
5. Synthetic Sweeteners Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Synthetic Sweeteners Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Cargill Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Ingredion Inc.
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- JK Sucralose Inc.
- Merisant Company (subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated)
- Celanese Corporation
- McNeil Nutritionals
- NutraSweet Property Holdings, Inc.
- Hermes Sweeteners Ltd.
- MORITA Kagaku Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Sunwin Stevia International, Inc.
- Zydus Wellness Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nxuj5d