DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Insurance Market in Poland 2019-2021 - CEE Insurance Series" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Insurance Market in Poland 2019-2021 is the latest full update of comprehensive publication on the insurance sector in Poland. It describes the present market structure and recent trends in the insurance market. It also provides short term estimates of the insurance premium for the years 2019-2021.
Premium written in the non-life insurance segment in Poland jumped by 7% in 2018 and by 3% in H1 2019, and it is expected to top PLN 42 billion by year-end 2019. By contrast, the premium in the life segment continued to decline, falling by nearly 12% in 2018 and going down again by another 3% in 1H 2019.
Recent years have been particularly challenging for life insurers as the regulatory developments and disclosure rules have changed the way life products are distributed. This led also to significant changes in market shares as less adaptive players lost a significant part of their business while more flexible players gained market share and reinforced their position.
Increasing regulatory pressure has been also among triggers of the ongoing consolidation. After multiple M&A transactions recorded in 2018, there are already new deals upcoming with the recently speculated withdrawal of AXA. The ongoing consolidation in the insurance sector is for sure taking out some pressure from the market in terms of pricing and tariffs as well it is helping to increase the scale of operations for the survivors.
Key Topics Covered
Slide 1: Executive Summary
1. Macroeconomic Overview
- Slide 2: Poland - General overview
- Slide 3: Poland in Europe: Number of households vs. wealth, 2018
- Slide 4: Key macroeconomic indicators, 2014-2019F
- Slide 5: Foreign trade statistics, C/A, FDI, 2014-2019F
- Slide 6: Unemployment and salaries/wages, 2014-2019F
- Slide 7: Disposable income in households and income distribution, 2014-2019F; Income distribution 2018
- Slide 8: Consumer confidence index evolution, Dec. 2013 - Nov. 2019
- Slide 9: Warsaw Stock Exchange - Turnover, Market cap. and indexes, 2013-2018
- Slide 10: Banking assets evolution, 2014-2019F
2. Insurance Market
- Slide 11: Insurance Markets in CEE - Size vs. growth matrix, 2017-2019
- Slide 12: Insurance premiums per capita & premiums/GDP penetration - CEE comparison, 2018
- Slide 13: Insurance gross premiums - Local insurers (life/non-life, in EUR), 2015-2019F
- Slide 14: Insurance gross premiums - Local insurers (life/non-life, in PLN), 2015-2019F
- Slide 15: Top 12 insurance groups in Poland by total premium written, 1H 2019
- Slide 16: Insurance market concentration and Herfindahl-Hirschman Index (life/non-life), 2017 vs. 1H 2019
- Slide 17: Current and upcoming Insurance M&A transactions in Poland, 2019
- Slide 18: Own funds for life and non-life insurers, 2015-1H 2019, SCR coverage ratios, 2016-2018
- Slide 19: Number of insurance agents by type and number of sales reps (OFWCA), 2016-2018
- Slide 20: Insurance - Regulatory institutions, 2019
- Slide 21: Private health Insurance - Opportunity for insurers; Premium written, 2016-2019E
3. Non-Life Insurance
- Slide 22: Non-life insurance markets in CEE - Size vs. growth matrix, 2016-2018
- Slide 23: Non-life premiums per capita & premiums/GDP penetration - CEE comparison, 2018
- Slide 24: Non-life insurance gross and net premium evolution, 2015-2019F
- Slide 25: Top 10 non-life insurance players in Poland, 1H 2019
- Slide 26: Market shares of top non-life players evolution, 2016-1H 2019
- Slide 27: Non-life premium by client segment and insurance class (car insurance vs. other), 1H 2019
- Slide 28: Non-life premium by risk class, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 29: Sales channels of non-life insurance, 2017-2018
- Slide 30: Non-life insurers results, technical and P&L accounts (waterfall chart), 2018
- Slide 31: Non-life insurance - Profitability tree, 2015-1H 2019
- Slide 32: Non-life insurance - Claims and expense ratio evolution, 2015-1H 2019
- Slide 33: Non-life insurance - Combined ratio and its elements, 2015-1H 2019
- Slide 34: Non-life insurance - Acquisition costs evolution, 2017-1H2019, acquisition cost ratios for top non-life insurers, 2018
- Slide 35: Network multi-agents: Unilink, Consultia, CUK, Conditor, LGK etc.
- Slide 36: Current legislative initiatives affecting insurance business in Poland, 2017/2019
- Slide 37: Car insurance - Premium and no. policies evolution, MTPL, Casco, 2015-1H 2019
- Slide 38: Car insurance - Top players in MTPL and in Casco, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 39: Car insurance - Combined ratio and its elements, MTPL and in Casco, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 40: Car insurance - Average premium per policy for Casco and TPL, 1Q2014-2Q2019
4. Life Insurance
- Slide 41: Life insurance markets in CEE - Size vs. growth matrix, 2016-2018
- Slide 42: Life premiums per capita & premiums/GDP penetration - CEE comparison, 2018
- Slide 43: Life insurance gross and net premiums evolution, 2015-2019E
- Slide 44: Top 10 life insurance players in Poland, 1H 2019
- Slide 45: Market shares of top life players evolution, 2016-1H 2019
- Slide 46: Life premium by insurance class and segment, 1H 2019
- Slide 47: Life premium by risk class evolution, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 48: Life insurance technical reserves evolution and structure, 2016-1H 2019
- Slide 49: Sales channels of life insurance, 2017-2018
- Slide 50: Life insurers results, Technical and P&L accounts (waterfall chart), 2018
- Slide 51: Life insurance - profitability tree, 2015-1H 2019
- Slide 52: Life insurance - acquisition costs evolution, 2017-1H 2019, acquisition cost ratios for top life insurers, 2018
- Slide 53: Bancassurance: Premium written by bank channel (life/non-life), 2016-2018, data by KNF vs. data by PIU
- Slide 54: Bancassurance: Product/class split in bank channel (life/non-life), 3Q 2019
- Slide 55: Bancassurance: Sales of investment type life products other than unit-linked, 2015-3Q 2019
- Slide 56: Bancassurance: Comparison websites and online sales sites of banks - overview, 3Q 2019
6. Top Players' Profiles
- Slide 57: Non-life insurance: PZU TU, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 58: Non-life insurance: Ergo Hestia STU, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 59: Non-life insurance: Warta TUiR, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 60: Life Insurance: PZU Zycie, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 61: Life Insurance: Aviva TUnZ, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 62: Life Insurance: Nationale-Nederlanden TUnZ, 2017-1H 2019
- Slide 63: Non-life insurance premiums forecast, 2019-2021
- Slide 64: Life Insurance premiums forecast, 2019-2021
- Slide 65: Notes on Methodology
- Allianz Zycie Polska S.A.
- Aviva Polska - Tunz S.A.
- Axa Tu S.A.
- Benefia Tu S.A. Vienna Insurance Group
- Compensa Tunz S.A.Vienna Insurance Group
- Concordia Polska Tuw
- Generali Tu S.A.
- HDI Asekuracja Tu S.A
- Link4 Tu S.A.
- MTU Moje Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen
- NN Tunz S.A.
- PZU S.A.
- PZU Zycie S.A.
- STU Ergo Hestia S.A.
- Stunz Ergo Hestia S.A.
- TU Allianz Polska S.A.
- TU Compensa S.A.
- TU Euler Hermes S.A.
- TU Europa S.A.
- Tuir Warta S.A.
- Tunz Europa S.A.
- Tunz Warta S.A.
- Uniqa TU NA Zycie S.A.
- Uniqa TU S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gukj4o