DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "OTT Video Content, Pricing, and Market Opportunity in Africa and the Middle East - 2019" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Technological developments are playing an important role in Over-the-Top (OTT) video consumption and growth in Africa and the Middle East (AME). New technological developments in video streaming and data compression may enable populations in regions with poor infrastructure to view online video content. For instance, V-Nova and Simplestream are to roll out a service in 2019 that should allow people to watch videos, even on 2G networks, with a bit rate of only 100 kilobits per second (Kbps) and just one megabit per second (Mbps) for full HD.
OTT video players face a challenge with a number of AME countries having a relatively low broadband adoption and slow broadband speeds. Fixed and mobile broadband penetration in AME is low in comparison to other regions, reaching an estimated 19% and 53% respectively at the end of 2019. Despite the low broadband penetration, the AME OTT video market will continue to grow as an increasing number of firms, such as Netflix and StarzPlay, offer content viewing offline, as well as better technology to adapt the streaming quality to the customer's data download speed.
In addition to OTT companies improving their own technology, an increasing number of OTT video platforms are setting up alliances with telecom and pay-TV service providers. These partnerships leverage the telco's direct carrier billing (DCB) technology and large subscription base coverage to increase OTT video adoption. DCB technology can make it easy for consumers to subscribe to OTT video services as it allows mobile subscribers to purchase OTT video content without the need for a credit card.
"OTT Video Content, Pricing, and Market Opportunity in Africa and the Middle East - 2019" is a new Telecom Insider Report that offers a detailed analysis of the SVoD video market in Africa and the Middle East. The report analyzes growth opportunities in the SVoD market, looking at the current state of play and examining the main growth drivers.
OTT video content and pricing strategy: This section provides an analysis of key content trends and pricing strategies used by players in the region.
SVoD forecast: This section examines more specifically the region's SVoD subscribers' market trends and forecast for Africa and the Middle East.
Key findings and recommendations - A summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players, and regulators.
- From a regional perspective, countries in the MENA region have a relatively more developed SVoD market compared to that of SSA. Improving fixed and mobile broadband access supported by commercial 5G launches will enable OTT video consumption.
- The SVoD market in AME is diverse with a growing number of OTT players and partnerships emerging. OTT players in AME frequently use a blend of multi-lingual, original, and local content to attract consumers.
- A number of partnerships between telcos and OTT providers took place in last several years. For example, Viva Kuwait signed a partnership deal with Starz Play, allowing users to make purchases without the need for a credit card.
Reasons to Buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in the Africa and the Middle East market.
- The report investigates OTT video market and pay-TV trends and market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the Africa and the Middle Eastern markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Section 1: OTT Video Content & Pricing Strategies
- OTT video market context
- OTT video content trends
- OTT video pricing strategies
- OTT video partnerships
- Section 2: SVoD forecast
- Africa and the Middle East in a global context
- Pay-TV service evolution in Africa and the Middle East
- SVoD trends in Africa and the Middle East
- Section 3: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- Related research
- 20th Century Fox
- Maroc Telecom
- Universal Studios
- Warner Bros
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mjh4jw