NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--JetBlue (NASDAQ: JBLU), the only major U.S. airline with free high speed Fly-Fi® and seatback screens at every seat, on every plane, is providing customers with even more inflight entertainment (IFE) options based on their feedback with the launch of its newest onboard offerings from SHOWTIME, Spotify, INSCAPE and PressReader. Starting this month, customers onboard the airline’s HD touchscreen-equipped aircraft (a) can enjoy access to full seasons of the hottest shows from SHOWTIME, chart-topping podcasts from Spotify, the day’s biggest headlines from PressReader, curated meditation and relaxation content from INSCAPE and much more.
“Almost 20 years after disrupting the industry with free live TV at every seat, on every plane – we are once again re-defining inflight entertainment by listening closely to our customers’ feedback and offering even more options to make the most of their time onboard,” said Mariya Stoyanova, director of product development, JetBlue. “Whether you want to binge-watch, binge-listen, connect, disconnect, or just discover something new – you can do it from our new HD seatback screens, your own devices, or more likely, all of the above.”
JetBlue’s latest partnerships build on the airline’s ongoing efforts to provide a “multi-screen experience,” which allows customers to use a range of devices simultaneously, including HD seatback entertainment, just as they would in their living room. JetBlue’s newest IFE partners will complement the airline’s already-free 100+ channels of DIRECTV®, hundreds of free movies and up to nearly 60 full seasons of your favorite shows, and individual in-seat USB/power outlets that are available on its Airbus A320, A321 and A321neo aircraft. JetBlue’s free high speed Fly-Fi - powered by Viasat - is capable of streaming video and is available across the fleet, with expanded coverage being introduced on A320 and A321neo aircraft that will keep customers connected even overwater or in international BlueCities.
New offerings include:
- SHOWTIME: Customers can binge-watch full seasons of select SHOWTIME hit series on their individual HD seatback screens. JetBlue customers connected to Fly-Fi can also take advantage of a special 30-day free trial offer to the SHOWTIME streaming service and enjoy unlimited, commercial-free access to the entire SHOWTIME library – every original series, movie, documentary and more – all on their personal devices.
- Spotify: JetBlue’s newest collaboration with Spotify, the airline’s exclusive podcast partner, will bring podcasts from Anchor, Gimlet, Parcast and Spotify Studios to seatback screens. Titles include Business of HYPE, Conspiracy Theories, Dope Labs, Heavyweight, The Horror of Dolores Roach, and Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff.
- INSCAPE: As JetBlue’s new meditation partner, INSCAPE will keep travelers relaxed at 35,000 feet with 20 curated inflight meditation sessions available on seatback screens, with topics ranging from “Flying without Fear” and “Jet Lag Relief,” to “Inflight Mindfulness,” as well as breathing exercises and sleepscapes. Customers can continue their practice with INSCAPE by downloading the app to their personal device or by visiting their flagship studio in JetBlue’s hometown of New York City.
- PressReader: With the addition of PressReader, the largest all-you-can-read platform of newspapers and magazines, JetBlue customers can now enjoy unlimited access to thousands of local and national news publications and magazines, such as the Los Angeles Times, Rolling Stone, Newsweek and Vanity Fair, among others via the PressReader app. Travelers flying with JetBlue can register for 24 hours of free, unlimited access once connected to the airline’s high-speed broadband Fly-Fi (b). PressReader also offers an exclusive discount on a monthly subscription after the free access experience – $9.99 for 15 publications.
Additionally, JetBlue has rolled out fresh content on JetBlue TV, the first and only airline-owned seatback channel. Curating relevant, snackable videos across a variety of verticals, the airline has refreshed its line-up to include new, short and mid-form digital content to suit the tastes and interests of all travelers. New content partners include:
- Food52 (Food): Big Little Recipes, Hit the Road, Snack and More Ketchup, Please
- Houzz (Lifestyle/Design): A behind-the-scenes look at incredible home renovations in destinations throughout the JetBlue network
- The Nantucket Project(Business): A thought leadership series highlighting notable figures with impactful ideas
- PureWow (Entertainment): It’s Wine O’Clock, Hack My Travel and Vacation Confessions
- Thrillist (Travel): What to Know Before You Go, Gatekeepers
- Well + Good (Health): Inflight Fit, You Versus Food and What the Wellness
Since its inception, JetBlue has revolutionized the air travel experience and continues to offer industry-leading comfort from takeoff to touchdown with The Most Legroom in Coach® (c) and award-winning customer service to match. The airline continues to invest in the customer experience through the restyling of its Airbus A320 aircraft and the introduction of its first Airbus A321neo aircraft, which officially entered service in September.
JetBlue recently announced future orders for the Airbus A321LR, A321XLR and A220-300 aircraft. Those aircraft will usher in the next chapter of the JetBlue story with a reduced carbon footprint, a best-in-class customer experience from award-winning crewmembers and the promise to broaden the customer-focused airline’s reach within the Americas and into Europe in the years ahead.
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline® and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 42 million customers per year to 100-plus cities in the United States, Caribbean and Latin America, with an average of more than 1,000 daily flights. For more information, please visit jetblue.com.
- LTV4 is available on all Airbus A321 aircraft and select A320 aircraft. AVANT is available on select Airbus A320 and all A321neo aircraft.
- Fly-Fi and live television are available on all JetBlue-operated flights. On ViaSat-2 equipped aircraft, Fly-Fi will not be available on portions of some routes, and live television will not be available while operating outside of the contiguous U.S., or until the aircraft returns to the coverage area. On all other aircraft, Fly-Fi and live television will not be available while operating outside of the contiguous U.S., or until the aircraft returns to the coverage area.
- JetBlue offers the most legroom in coach based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines.