LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Staples US Retail today announced SpotlightSpace, a new in-store collaborative event space designed to serve as a platform for the personal and professional development of community members. SpotlightSpace was built for customers to connect and learn by hosting and attending events such as speaker sessions, workshops, seminars, meetings and more. With a goal of inspiring lifelong achievement at every stage, the physical configuration of SpotlightSpace locations ranges from smaller open spaces with modular seating to enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces with configurable tables and seating. All SpotlightSpace locations are available now for booking.
“The retail landscape is rapidly evolving, and so are the needs of our customers – many of them own a side business and need access to professional resources,” said Mike Motz, Chief Executive Officer, Staples US Retail. “Beyond just a place to buy supplies, we want our customers to be able to network, grow their business and add to their skill sets by attending community events, talks and workshops led by other small business leaders and experts who have grown from their experiences. As one of the most substantial economic engines in the US, the Southern California region is a great place to start reaching our customers eager to connect and learn in our new event space.”
“Our desired outcome is to develop a true partnership with the surrounding community and to meet their need for more places to collaborate and learn,” said Steve Reynolds, District Manager, Staples US Retail. “Through initial pilot events, customers have already shown great interest in the spaces, booking them for a variety of events from monthly reoccurring meetings to one-off speaking sessions and educational workshops. We’re excited to hear more success stories about how using these spaces have helped members of our community grow, both personally and professionally.”
Examples of events held at SpotlightSpace locations include Starting Your First Business, How to Start Podcasting and The Secrets to Buying A Franchise. The space is also available for hosting and attending a variety of events catered to students, parents and teachers, from Girl Scout meetings to networking events. Over the next few weeks to celebrate the launch in the Southern California market, Staples will bring in local business owners to share advice for personal and professional growth, including:
- Davina Ferreira, Founder of Alegría Magazine
- Delaney Ruston, Director of Screenagers
Ellen Bennett, Founder of Hedley & Bennett
- Building a community in the kitchen and beyond
- Event: La Habra store #117, November 6th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Victor Macias, Co-Founder of Nui Cookies
- Startup strategies from a Shark Tank success
- Event: Costa Mesa store #1078, November 21st from 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Space is limited, so those interested in attending are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible.
Staples stores with SpotlightSpace:
- Store #78, 3861 S Bristol Street Santa Ana, California 92704
- Store #94, 300 S Mountain Ave Upland, California 91786
- Store #117, 1310 S Beach Blvd. La Habra, California 90631
- Store #304, 5511 Mirage Street Yorba Linda, California 92887
- Store #311, 2120 East 17th St. Santa Ana, California 92705
- Store #413, 4016 Grand Ave Chino, California 91710
- Store #524, 2375 East Imperial Hwy. Brea, California 92821
- Store #630, 1210 Hamner Avenue, Norco, California 92860
- Store #1030, 2050 North Tustin Ave. Orange, California 92865
- Store #1078, 241 East 17th Street Costa Mesa, California 92627
- Store #1300, 30511 Ave. de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita, California 92688
- Store #1391, 12495 Limonite Ave. Mira Loma, California 91752
- Store #1406, 23710 El Toro Road Lake Forest, California 92630
- Store #1417, 1391 East Gladstone Street, Glendora, California 91740
A full list of events in your area is available here. To host an event in a SpotlightSpace, speak to a store associate at any of the above locations.
About Staples Retail:
Staples US Retail supports lifelong achievement for small businesses and consumers with the products and resources they need for continued professional and personal growth. With a focus on community and shared learning, Staples retail locations serve millions of customers from entrepreneurs and small businesses to parents, teachers and students. For more information about Staples US Retail and to stay up to date on weekly deals and events, please visit us in store or online at staples.com®.