GRANBY, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Eliciting Insights surveyed Patient Access executives at over 150 health systems to understand adoption of technology across the spectrum of Patient Access workflow activities, areas of purchasing, and decision-making trends in Q3 2019.
Key findings include:
- Over half of Patient Access functions remain highly manual: more than 30% of health systems rely on manual processes for Prior Authorizations, Patient- and Staff- Generated Pricing Estimation, Charity Screening, Pre-Visit Forms and Education materials, Presumptive Charity, Registration Quality Checks, Appointment reminders, and Identity Verification.
- Market Share for Patient Access vendors is highly fragmented: There are many players, with no dominant leaders, working with health systems for Medical necessity, Registration Quality Checks, Identify/Address Verification, Online Bill Pay, Pre- and Point of Service Credit Card Payments and Patient Estimation.
- Substantial White Space for Patient Financial Engagement and Self-Service Technologies: over half of health systems surveyed do not offer a Patient Financial Engagement Platform, Kiosks, or Patient Self-Serve Scheduling.
- Health Systems are Focused on Collecting Cash Up Front: more than 40% of health systems surveyed stated up-front cash collection is a top priority.
- Epic Continues to Deepen Revenue Cycle Capabilities and Market Share: Health Systems using Epic for Patient Accounting and Registration are beginning to look to Epic for additional Patient Access workflow technologies such as Consent Forms, Prior Authorization, Medical Necessity, Patient Estimation, Presumptive Charity, and Wait Time Tracking.
“This study shows that health systems are taking a serious look at Patient Access technology to improve collections while improving patient experience and registration accuracy,” said Trish Rivard, CEO of Eliciting Insights. “We are seeing many new vendors selling to Patient Access, while traditional Back End vendors are moving into Patient Access.”
Request a copy of the Market Study at https://elicitinginsights.com/market-studies/ or email@example.com
Patient Access Workflows covered by the report include:
Address & Identity Verification, Charity Screening & Presumptive Charity, Consent Forms, Coverage Discovery, Credit Card Payments: Pre/POS/Online, Insurance Eligibility, Patient Estimation, Patient Financial Engagement, Patient Self Service Solutions, Patient Wait Time Tracking, Pre-Visit Prep: Materials and Reminders, Prior Authorization & Medical Necessity, Propensity to Pay, Registration, Registration Quality Checks, Scheduling.
Technology vendors included in this study include:
3M, Ability, AccuReg, Advocatia, AHI Lobby, Allscripts, AmeriEBO, Aprima, athenahealth, Authorize.net, Avadyne, Availity, Blackhawk Consulting Group, Blue Pay, Business Unified Services, CaseTabs, Cerner, Change Healthcare, Claimaid, Cocard, CPSI, DivDat, eClinicalWorks, ePay, Epic, e-Sign, eviCore, Experian/Passport, FHIRS, FormFast, GE EDI, Healthcare Outsourcing Network, InterQual, Jellyfish Technologies, J-Tech Paging Systems, Healthland, HealthPay24, InstaMed, InterQual, Logical Ink, Mass Recovery, maxRTE, Mede/Analytics, Medhost, MediQuant, Meditech, Medlytix, MedPlan, nThrive, Optum, Para, PatientCo, PatientMatters, PatientPay, PatientRev, PatientTrak, PayPal, PayStation, Paytrace, Pelitas, PFS Group, PMMC, Quadax, Recondo, Reremind, RevExpress, RevSpring, Right Patient, Salucro, SCI Solutions, Secure Bill Pay, SecurePay, Simplee, SlimCD, SoftTalk, The SSI Group, Standard Register Forms on Demand, Stryker, Talksoft, Teletracking, Televox, Track-It, TransFirst, TransUnion, TruCode, TSYS, USA Scheduling, VestaCare, VisitPay, Vitalware, Waystar, WebPay, Wells Fargo, WorldPay
About Eliciting Insights
Founded in 2015, Eliciting Insights is a boutique Strategy and Market Research Consulting Firm focused on healthcare technology. Eliciting Insights leverages its proprietary panel of hospital, physician, health plan and other healthcare executives to develop market-driven product and growth strategies for healthcare technology vendors worldwide. For more information about the Eliciting Insights suite of services, visit www.elicitinginsights.com.