SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, EQ, an organization dedicated to promoting actionable solutions to the planet’s greatest environmental issues, announced its inaugural flagship event, PLANET HOME. Designed to be the future of experiential entertainment and environmental solutionism, PLANET HOME is an immersive three-day showcase of experiences and discussions bringing together world-renowned thought-leaders including Bill Nye the Science Guy, actor & environmental activist Adrian Grenier, XPrize Founder Peter Diamandis, Microsoft’s Chief Environmental Officer Lucas Joppa, actor and UN Ambassador Ed Norton, Astronaut Captain Scott Kelly and many more to present their actionable solutions on how to protect and improve the health of our planet.
Taking place at San Francisco’s Palace of Fine Arts September 13 – 15, PLANET HOME is a first-of-its-kind weekend full of live musical performances, immersive and interactive art installations, planetary changing discussions, and an unparalleled bespoke food & beverage program. Attendees can:
- Get their groove on during musical performances by DJ Snoopadelic aka Snoop Dogg, Wyclef Jean, Gallant, Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker, Anna Clendening and more
- “Geek out” with Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Gather a different perspective on our precious planet from astronauts Mike Massimino & Captain Scott Kelly
- Be inspired by lively and inspirational discussions about the environment by solution-driven leaders including actors Edward Norton and Adrian Grenier
- Taste food from some of the world’s most accomplished and sustainable-focused chefs
- Take part in interactive experiences including “Elemental,” “Carbon Credit Cycling,” “Museum of Fire” and “Bioplastics: Breaking the Mold”
“Too often, we focus on the doom and gloom consequences of not addressing environmental issues, and after years of hearing this, the message no longer has a tangible impact,” said Gabrielle Hull, co-founder and co-CEO at EQ.eco. “We created PLANET HOME with the intent to flip this approach and focus on what’s possible. We want to put the spotlight on solutions that already exist by making them more digestible, accessible and realistic for consumers to implement in their everyday lives in a way that’s fun and entertaining. By bringing together a collection of actors, musicians, chefs and more, we hope to captivate audiences and show them that no matter your passions or interests, you can make a difference with the choices you make every single day.”
The three-day experiential event will feature two areas of engagement – PLANET HOME Village and PLANET HOME Visions – combining the best elements of a summit, concert, festival and marketplace. Together they will deliver an impactful and interactive experience for attendees and connect a new generation of consumers with global thought leaders, eco-forward organizations and innovative companies providing solutions on how we EAT, MAKE, MOVE and LIVE.
PLANET HOME Village
Village provides a forum to engage, connect, discover and go home equipped to take action against the environmental crisis – knowing that we’re all in this fight together, and together we can effect change. Headlined by a diverse and renowned group of artists, the musical elements of the three-day event will be just one of the ways Village will foster a positive sense of community.
Attendees will also have the chance to experience a wide variety of sustainably-built art installations and participate in engaging workshops.
Core to the event, Village will feature hands-on, immersive and interactive exhibit experiences open to the public that connect consumers to real and potential scenarios related to all areas of the environmental crisis. A sampling of the more than 20 experiences to be featured includes:
- ELEMENTAL -- An immersive culinary installation reimagining the future of food…now that it's the year 2050 and the earth has been eradicated of all its natural resources. Attendees will unite with other “survivors” in an underground gathering to contend with what’s to become of the planet, while also exploring a tasting menu inspired by the idea that botanists have developed edible food from the earth’s “contaminated” sources.
- Carbon Credit Cycling -- Accelerate the removal of CO2 from the atmosphere by learning about carbon sequestration in this comedic workout class, teaching attendees that paying attention to our environment requires the same skills as paying attention to how we treat our bodies. Hint: bring cycling shoes for this on-trend experience.
- Museum of Fire -- Step into the previous home of a Northern California family who recently lost everything to devastating forest fires. Explore the messages and stories of real Californians who’ve lost their homes to the increasing threat of climate change.
- Bioplastics: Breaking the Mold -- Attendees will engage in forming new biodegradable materials, like bioplastics and biotextiles that can be created from scratch by heating, re-molding and reshaping compostable materials into something new and useful they can keep.
PLANET HOME Visions
PLANET HOME Visions is an invite-only summit for individuals and enterprises who want to take an active role in solving the planet’s issues. Visions will feature presentations from world-renowned thought-leaders or “solutionists” -- including Adrian Grenier, astronaut Captain Scott Kelly, Impossible Foods CEO Pat Brown and many more -- who will come together to share, discover, learn, solve, network and build business across 16 global sectors falling under four areas of Impact -- EAT, MAKE, MOVE and LIVE -- where humanity can solve global environmental challenges.
Visions will also feature an innovative food and beverage program led by culinary stars such as Michelin-starred Bryce Shuman (Betony), Nick Balla (formerly of Bar Tartine and Duna), Kristofor Lofgren (Bamboo Sushi) and Anthony Myiint (The Perennial Group, Mission Chinese).
“I am always excited to partner with organizations that are at the cutting edge of solving some of our greatest challenges, especially when the environment is the main beneficiary. This is why I am honored to partner with PLANET HOME, and I stand behind their vision of creating a better tomorrow,” said Adrian Grenier, actor and activist. “I jumped at the chance to get involved with PLANET HOME because it will provide a platform for today’s foremost experts and thought leaders to demonstrate how we can start making changes in our lives right now. Together, we will help people make better decisions on how they eat, move and live, and I see this as a great opportunity to continue to expand my message. I intend to fulfill my responsibility to keep the earth clean and also inspire others to do the same.”
“What most people don’t realize is that many of the solutions to save our planet already exist. There is a disconnect between the world of academia and the average person; the way the environmental community has been presenting its case for the last few decades simply isn’t resonating,” said Antony Randall, co-founder and co-CEO at EQ.eco. “With PLANET HOME we’re embracing consumerism – or the idea that the things we buy and consume can be part of the solution. We’re showing people ways to effect change that they can easily implement in their daily lives, but not boring them to death or scaring them into inaction. We believe demonstrating tangible actions in the context of a positive, uplifting and community-oriented experience is the way we’ll win the battle to save our planet.”
PLANET HOME will take place at the Palace of Fine Arts at 3601 Lyon Street in San Francisco from September 13 - 15. Additional information about the event and purchasing tickets can be found on the official website: https://planethome.eco/
About PLANET HOME
PLANET HOME showcases unique, creative and immersive experiences to accelerate mass adoption of solutions to how we EAT, MAKE, MOVE and LIVE to protect the health of our planet. Our events celebrate and inspire a new generation who act on behalf of a more prosperous and abundant “planet home.” Through conferences, festivals, media, and eco-forward products, PLANET HOME connects the new generation with solutions. We strive for a world where people live in equilibrium with the planet: where each person makes conscious decisions today to create a better tomorrow.