China domestic mobile game revenue was $15.63 billion in 2018, up 28.9% from the previous year. Revenue is forecast to reach $25.49 billion by 2023.
China is worth about 25% of the world's mobile games market - and rising, and deserves the attention of games companies worldwide. Although the regulations can be challenging, if a company is dedicated to developing a hit game that fits the rules and cultural gaming preferences, there is a strong chance that the effort will pay off in China. The report explains our analysis on where that growth will come from, which segments are hot now and growing, and what the impact on the holistic games industry will be.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2023 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, spending, behavior, and usage for mobile games
- Trends analysis that formed our market size and forecast data
- Market share estimates for game publishers and Top 10 games lists
- Market size & forecast
- Growth drivers & trends
- Mobile esports
- Publishers & app markets
- Top games
- Mobile devices & hardware
- Financial transaction events
- Game approvals & regulations
- Analysis of our proprietary survey of Chinese gamers
- 90 slides with more than 50 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- There were 598 million mobile gamers in 2018, rising to 728 million by 2023.
- 95% of gamers in China play mobile games.
- Despite a temporary game licensing freeze and the introduction of new regulations under a new regulator, the State Administration of Press and Publication (SAPP), China's mobile games market grew 28.9% over the previous year and demand for mobile games remained strong.
- Tencent and NetEase remained the Top 2 mobile game publishers in China.
- 40% of mobile gamers spend money in games with both ARPU and ARPPU are set to increase over the next 5 years.
- Mobile esports game revenue was $5.6B in 2018, and forecast to reach $10.6 billion by 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Market size & forecast
3. Growth drivers & trends
4. Mobile esports
5. Publishers & app markets
6. Top mobile games
7. Mobile devices & hardware
8. Gamer insights
9. Financial transaction events
10. Game approvals & regulations
11. Appendix & glossary
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kow1