CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on ovarian cancer on Tuesday, July 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. at Omni William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The summit will be chaired by Alexander Babatunde Olawaiye, M.D., assistant professor of gynecologic oncology at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with ovarian cancer. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing ovarian cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as molecular testing in ovarian cancer, surgical options for newly diagnosed ovarian cancer, upfront medical therapy for newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer, immunotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer and medical treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit will include the following experts:
- Jessica Layne Berger, M.D., clinical assistant professor, department of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, gynecology oncology, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
- Michelle M. Boisen, M.D., assistant professor, department of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
- Madeleine B. Courtney Brooks, M.D., M.P.H., assistant professor, department of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
- Lan G. Coffman, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor of medicine, division of hematology/oncology, University of Pittsburgh Department of Medicine and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center.
- John T. Comerci, M.D., surgical oncologist, director of gynecologic oncology at UPMC Passavant Hospital and associate professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Terry L. Evans, M.D., medical oncologist, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at Arnold Palmer Pavilion and clinical assistant professor of medicine at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Brian Orr, M.D., assistant professor, department of hematology and medical oncology, medical oncologist, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University.
- Sarah Taylor, M.D., assistant professor, department of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.