MT. LAUREL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The team at Veterinary Dentistry Specialists (VDS), an advanced dentistry and oral surgery practice for pets, recently celebrated the anniversary of their first year in business. Founded by Carlos Rice, DVM, DAVDC, the practice is located at 2061 Briggs Road, Suite 403 in Mt. Laurel, NJ and is the only practice in the nation where a full-time board-certified veterinary dentist and a full-time board-certified veterinary anesthesiologist work with each patient to ensure the best care and outcome. There are less than 175 board-certified veterinary dentists and only 220 board-certified veterinary anesthesiologists in the United States. This unique combination of expertise provides the safest, most comfortable experience for each patient. For this reason, there is no need for pet parents to fear anesthesia.
VDS offers personalized treatment of a variety of orofacial conditions that affect the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face of dogs and cats. This includes periodontal surgery, oral oncologic surgery, jaw fracture management, salivary gland diseases, endodontics, and orthodontics.
Highlights of the past year include:
- Having Viacheslav Eroshin DVM, DEVDC, DAVDC, a board-certified veterinary dentist, join the team. In addition to his clinical expertise, Dr. Eroshin is an active animal welfare advocate and spends much of his free time volunteering with a variety of animal non-profit organizations.
- Becoming one of the 15% of veterinary practices to earn accreditation by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) - Veterinary hospitals are evaluated on approximately 900 standards of veterinary excellence in order to become accredited.
- Achieving certification to provide an onsite veterinary dental residency program.
- Opening a second location in Chadds Ford, PA.
- Celebrating staff member Jack Ryder’s achievement in becoming a Veterinary Technician Specialist (VTS) in Anesthesia & Analgesia.
“Taking a pet for dental work, especially for advanced procedures, can be an emotionally upsetting time for a pet parent. In creating the vision for this practice, my priority was to provide an experience of world-class clinical care combined with concierge-level service,” said Dr. Rice. “Together, with our anesthesiologist, Andrea Caniglia, VMD, DAVCAA, and my skilled and compassionate team members, we have brought that vision to life. We have been honored to serve the animals in need and look forward to many more years of providing care.”
In partnership with primary care veterinarians and other veterinary specialists across the region, VDS accepts patients Tuesday – Friday, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. Appointments can be made by calling 856-242-9253. Visit vdsvets.com for additional information.