NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Domini Impact Investments LLC, a leading impact investment firm, has released the Domini Funds 2018 Impact Report, which details how Domini works for positive change on behalf of its fund shareholders.
Domini uses three strategies to help build a world of universal human dignity and ecological sustainability: using social and environmental standards to seek better investments, directing capital to help build healthy communities, and engaging with companies to improve corporate behavior. With the release of this new report, Domini has reaffirmed its commitment to transparency in reporting all the ways it creates impact.
Highlights of Domini’s 2018 impacts include:
- Expanded its exclusionary screen on fossil fuels to restrict the entire fossil-fuel energy sector, including oil and natural gas equipment and service providers, refiners and marketers, and storage and transportation companies, in addition to oil and gas exploration and production companies, which were previously excluded from investment.
- Refined and enhanced its research process for a number of industries, including automobile manufacturers, healthcare equipment providers, and pharmaceutical companies, to ensure investment evaluations remain focused on the most meaningful and relevant information.
- Launched a unique, innovative new investment strategy for the Domini Impact Equity Fund, designed to provide investors exposure to the U.S. economy through the lens of the classic impact investor, with an added emphasis on innovation and sustainability.
- Tied Domini’s Impact Investment Standards to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to demonstrate how they can help to build SDG-aligned portfolios.
- The Domini Impact Bond Fund continued to direct capital to investments that support access to housing, healthcare, economic and community development, environmental sustainability, and more. As of December 31, the Fund had $24.3 million invested in bonds that finance low- and very low-income housing and $4.9 million invested in green bonds.
- Engaged in direct dialogue with 135 companies and fixed-income issuers on a variety of issues related to human rights, public health and safety, environmental sustainability, and more. Among the topics addressed in these dialogues were employee and supply chain labor rights, access to medicine, gun violence, opioid accountability, climate change, and deforestation.
- Joined several new investor initiatives, including the Investor Alliance for Human Rights, the Plastic Solutions Investor Alliance, the Thirty Percent Coalition, and the Investor Agenda: Accelerating Action for a Low-Carbon Future.
- The Domini Impact International Equity Fund and the Domini Impact Equity Fund collectively voted on 4,463 management and shareholder proposals at 341 corporate meetings during the 2018 proxy season. Domini’s proxy votes promoted diverse and independent boards of directors and fair and just compensation practices, and supported 108 shareholder proposals on a variety of environmental, social and governance issues.
- Filed or refiled 4 shareholder proposals for the 2018 proxy season and 3 for the 2019 proxy season, including a proposal at Walgreens Boots Alliance seeking a report on governance measures related to opioids, which received over 60% shareholder support.
Domini Impact Investments LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser specializing exclusively in impact investing. Domini serves individual and institutional investors who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes while seeking competitive financial returns. Domini applies social, environmental and governance standards to all its investments, believing they help identify opportunities to provide strong financial rewards to its fund shareholders while also helping to create a more just and sustainable economic system. For more information, visit Domini.com.
Carefully consider each Fund’s investment objectives, risk factors and charges and expenses before investing. This and other information can be found in the Funds’ prospectus, which may be obtained by calling 1-800- 762-6814, or at www.domini.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money.
The Domini Funds are not bank deposits and are not insured. You may lose money. Investment return, principal value, and yield will fluctuate. Your shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
DSIL Investment Services LLC (DSILD) distributor. Domini Impact Investments LLC is each Fund’s investment manager. The Funds are subadvised by unaffiliated entities. 5/19