CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading digital resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) on Thursday, May 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley in Raleigh, North Carolina. The summit will be co-chaired by Dr. Nirav S. Dhruva, adjunct assistant professor, University of North Carolina (UNC) Rex Cancer Care, and Dr. Thomas E. Stinchcombe, medical oncologist, Duke Cancer Institute.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with NSCLC. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing NSCLC specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as stage 3 NSCLC, stage 4 nonsquamous NSCLC, stage 4 squamous NSCLC, management of oligometastatic disease, ALK-positive NSCLC and updates in the management of small cell lung cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Dr. Scott J. Antonia, instructor in the department of medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Dr. Jeremiah C. Boles, adjunct assistant professor, UNC REX Cancer Care
- Dr. Jeffrey Clarke, assistant professor of medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Dr. Daniel Gomez, director of thoracic oncology, chief of radiation oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute
- Dr. Chad Pecot, assistant professor, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dr. Neal E. Ready, professor of medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Dr. Jared Weiss, associate professor, clinical research, thoracic oncology program, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.