ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of application development and digital experience technologies, today announced the preview of Progress® Unite UX™, the first-of-its-kind solution to bring design and development together by integrating with existing design tools to quickly and automatically translate design into pixel-perfect front-end code.
The UX designer is a critical part of any modern application development team and needs to work hand in hand with developers. However, designers and developers use different tools, creating challenges in this collaboration. The output from design can range from screenshots to snippets which developers must then translate to working code. This often results in a slow time to market, with many iterations back and forth between designers and developers, and a resulting UX that often does not match the intended design.
Progress Unite UX accelerates team productivity and delivers a true-to-intent UX with an innovative roundtrip workflow between designers and developers. It combines plug-ins and libraries to popular design tools, creating guidelines for designers to work within. Design files are exported to a “MetaBridge” file structure that is then opened in Unite UX Studio, which translates the MetaBridge to either Angular or React front-end code. Unite UX is architected to generate code to a variety of popular frameworks, with additional framework engines forthcoming.
With Progress Unite UX, designers can:
- Use Existing Design Tools: Work in the design tool of your choice, whether Sketch, Adobe XD or something else, Unite UX extends these tools with Progress® Kendo UI® design libraries and an extensible custom component wizard, enabling the freedom to design with confidence.
- Collaborate: With the roundtrip capabilities of Unite UX, send designs to teammates and any suggested changes made by developers can then be brought back into the design tool, minimizing versioning challenges, providing consistency across the design and development, and shortening costly, time consuming review cycles.
- Turn Pixel-Perfect Design to Code: Instantly transform designed screens into fully-functional, pixel-perfect web applications. Hook into data, quickly set properties for components, make layout adjustments and choose your target output framework.
- Pick from Any Framework: Choose between a variety of output frameworks with initial support for Angular and React, and eventually frameworks like Vue.JS and Blazor.
- Extend in Code: Developers have the ability to completely customize the front-end and business logic to meet the business’ exact needs.
“Currently, design, development and business stakeholders all speak different languages across fragmented toolsets. This fragmentation leads to slow iterations and wasted cycles, and ultimately results in a disparity between what is designed and what gets developed,” said Faris Sweis, SVP & General Manager Developer Tooling Business, Progress. “With Progress Unite UX, all of that drama comes to an end. Our technology breaks down technology barriers and drives efficiency and effectiveness. It’s the first tool available to truly bring together design and development into a cohesive, synergistic team, driving outputs everyone can be proud of.”
To learn more or to sign up for the preview waitlist, go to www.progress.com/unite-ux.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress, Unite UX, and Kendo UI are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.