DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "China Beauty Market Report - 2018 Q3 Skincare Market Review" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
China's beauty market in 2018 is 407.8 billion RMB market, the No. 2 market in the world after the USA. The rapid growth of the late 2000's is slowing down, but the recent 5-CAGR market is growing at a rapid rate of 11.6%. The online market is 85 billion RMB, accounting for about 27.7% of the total beauty market. This report focuses on analysing the sales of cosmetics being sold in Taobao and Tmall, which are the largest online distribution channels in China (about 75 billion RMB).
The Q3 beauty market in 2018 was about 60.96 billion RMB, up 0.7% from the same quarter of the previous year. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, 2018's Q3 beauty market, which has shown rapid growth, is slowing down. Taobao/Tmall distribution channels, which are the main analysis targets of this report, sold about 22.2 billion RMB in Q3 2018. Overall, in the third quarter, annual beauty sales amounted to around 23% due to lack of marketing. In terms of platforms, Tmall, which is being operated by brands, accounted for 50% of the total market.
The perspective on China - the world's second-largest beauty market, is that it will grow to about 53 Billion USD by 2025. As the Chinese market is attracting the interests of global beauty specialists, the Chinese domestic market is becoming increasingly polarized due to the accumulation of rapid consumption experience. The Chinese economy in a state of flux due to the declining export market caused by the trade war between the United States and China, the China beauty market is currently in the first adjustment period from the rapid growth. The market that had been soaring slowed down last December, and everyone is keeping an eye on the change in the market.
Such changes are clearly shown in this report. The Chinese domestic market developed by K-beauty is moving onto either luxury brands or the C-beauty brands that quickly benchmarked K-beauty. In particular, Chinese local brands have quickly established OEM systems and have begun to establish a stable presence in the Chinese market with strong local marketing power by using SNS platforms like Xiaohongshu and Douyin online. In this regard, 2018 will be marked as the first year that the China beauty market moves to the next level.
This report has been prepared by analyzing the data from more than 3.5 million sales data by products and 2.3 billion buyer reviews from Tmall and Taobao, and more than 10 million data from Xiaohongshu and Weibo. About 40% of China's cosmetics market is being sold in the online market, and 70% of the sales are generated from Tmall and Taobao. In this regard, this report can be used as a standard to determine the market share or change of the brand in the entire Chinese market.
For complex markets, it is necessary to build a strategy based on clear numbers and the insights that can interpret the numbers. We hope that this report will help you to interpret the rapidly changing China's cosmetics market more quickly and easily. We also hope that many companies use this report to building a successful strategy in the Chinese market.
Key Topics Covered
- Q3 China Beauty Market Overview: Rapidly growing China Beauty Market
- Q3 New Brand In: WASO
- Q3 Skincare Market Issues: Polarization between global brands and Chinese local brands
- Q3 Top 100 Skincare Brand Performance: Brand growth based on core product line
- Key Brands to Watch: HKH, Homefacialpro, Cosme Decorte, Mageline, Herbalmatae
- Skincare Category Issue: Expanded segmentation of subcategories
3. Market by Category
- Cleansing Market Issue: Advance in dermatology brands
- Skincare Market Issue Growth of Chinese local brands
- Toner Market Issue Stable market competing for moisturizing function
- Lotion/Cream Market Issue Chinese local brands' bridgehead for customer transaction/Premium strategy
- Essence Market Issue Increased competition between traditional global brands and Chinese local brands
- Eye & Lip Care Market Issue Popularization by the expansion of eye mask and lip balm
- Suncare Market Issue Market rundown due to seasonal factors
- Mask Market Issue: C-Beauty quickly copying the competitiveness of K-beauty
4. Marketing Issue
- Brand Marketing Issue: Carslan, Cosme Decorte, Watsons, Aupres, L'oreal, Kiel's
- Seasonal Marketing Issue: Chinese Valentine's Day Chilwol-chilsuk (July 7th in the lunar calendar)
- Beauty Buffet
- Doctor LI
- Estee Lauder
- L'oreal Paris
- Miss face
- Perfect Diary
- XIAO MI HU
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9zxadr