Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will
release the “MELFA Smart Plus Card Pack” and the “MELFA Smart Plus Card”
with upgraded predictive-maintenance and enhanced force-sensor functions
for upgraded functionality in MELFA-FR series industrial robots on April
26, 2019. The new functions incorporate Mitsubishi Electric’s original
compact AI technology, Maisart®,1 to realize 60%
reductions in both takt time and system startup time to contribute to
increased productivity at manufacturing sites.
1 Mitsubishi Electric's AI creates the State-of-the-ART in technology
1) Reduces downtime by detecting abnormalities in advance (predictive maintenance)
- The predictive-maintenance function uses Maisart to detect and provide early warnings of abnormalities in drive-system products2 incorporated in robots, helping to reduce downtime.
- Highly accurate predictive maintenance is realized simply by inserting the card into the robot controller, without having to add any other device or sensor.
2 Gearboxes, motor encoders, and batteries to maintain position-information memory
2) Shortened cycle time with automatic parameter adjustment (enhanced force sensor)
- Maisart automatically adjusts the parameters of systems that utilize force sensors3.
- Takt time is reduced by 60%4 compared to a conventional method by controlling pressure exerted on target items, thereby helping to achieve higher-speed operations similar to those performed by skilled human hands.
3 Gearboxes, motor encoders, and batteries to maintain
4 Compared to reference value for connector-insertion operation based on conditions set by Mitsubishi Electric
3) Shorter startup time though automatic program generation (enhanced force sensor)
- Operation start and end points need only be entered to automatically generate a program for the shortest-possible operation time.
- Shortens system startup time by 60%4 compared to a conventional method.
For the full text, please visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/