BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) today announced the company’s 2019 Annual Shareholders’ meeting and activities. A formal business meeting focused on shareholder voting on proxy proposals will take place on Wednesday, June 5, followed by the company’s traditional event for associates and shareholders on Friday, June 7. Shareholders of record must present proof of share ownership and photo identification to gain access both Wednesday and Friday.
June 5 Formal Business and Shareholders’ Meeting
- The meeting will focus on shareholder voting on formal business and proxy proposals.
- It will take place from 10 a.m. CDT to approximately 11 a.m. CDT at the John Q. Hammons Center in Rogers, Ark. No entertainment or other activities will be part of the business meeting.
- The meeting will be webcast on the company’s website at http://stock.walmart.com.
- The record date for shareholders entitled to vote at the meeting is April 12, 2019.
- As always, shareholders may vote their shares electronically, online or by phone if they cannot attend the formal business meeting on June 5. Preliminary voting results are expected to be issued the same day.
June 7 Business Update and Celebration for Associates and Shareholders; Investment Community Q&A with Management
- The event to recognize and celebrate Walmart’s associates from around the world as well as shareholders will be held on June 7 beginning at 8 a.m. CDT at the Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville, Ark.
- No formal business items will be presented for a vote. The event will provide a brief recap of voting results from the June 5 formal business meeting and will include presentations from Walmart’s executive team.
- There will also be entertainment to highlight accomplishments from the prior year and to thank Walmart associates and shareholders.
- Following the event, Walmart will host a question and answer session with the investment community at approximately 12:15 p.m. CDT, led by Walmart President and CEO Doug McMillon.
- The investment community question and answer session with management will be webcast on the company’s website at http://stock.walmart.com. A transcript will also be available on June 7 on the company’s website.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 275 million customers and members visit our more than 11,300 stores under 58 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.