The Diabetes Drug Intelligence Center (IC) is a global intelligence database on diabetes drugs that covers data for 25 major countries. It covers 13 years of comparable data, with a five-year forecast, including value, volume sales, price, and price per capita expenditure.
The intelligence center enhances your understanding of the diabetes drugs industry, along with the economic factors impacting the diabetes drugs usage, such as diabetic population levels for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, and obesity, which will provide you with actionable business insights.
- The diabetes drugs market data, volume, and value analytics with growth trend (2012-2023).
- Branded and generic drugs sales data for 2012-2023.
- Additional information includes diabetic population levels, diabetes prevalence, Type-1 diabetic population levels, Type-2 diabetic population levels, and per capita expenditure.
The Diabetes Drug Intelligence Center (IC) provides exhaustive coverage (countries covered account for more than 80% of the overall spending on diabetes), covering and tracking of over 18,000 data points of the diabetes drugs industry that covers various category, segments, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and brands.
The global diabetes drugs market is expected to reach USD 94 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.65%, during the forecast period.
The insulin segment of the market studied holds the highest market share and it is mostly consolidated by leading companies, like Sanofi, Novo Nordisk, and Eli Lilly, who account for more than 80% of the insulin supply globally. Each of these companies has established their brands in the market. However, due to high competitions in the local markets, consumer penetration for their products is being worked on continuously.
Global Rise in Diabetic Population
- There has been a tremendous increase in the diabetic population levels globally, over the last decade. Several reports and surveys documented a drastic increase in the diabetic population levels, based on the changing lifestyle and habits.
- Extensive urbanization in various parts of the world is considered to be the primary cause of obesity, health deterioration, physical inactivity, etc. Owing to these factors, the prevalence of Type-2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) has increased significantly.
- It is estimated that out of the total 415 million people suffering from diabetes worldwide, 46% of this demographic is those with undiagnosed diabetes.
- Oral insulin drugs will boost the diabetes drugs market
- Biocon is developing Insulin Tregopil, an oral prandial insulin tablet, for the treatment of Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes mellitus. The fast-acting oral insulin may improve post-prandial glucose control with reduced side effects and greater adherence, thus, holding the promise to transform Type-1 diabetes management.
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, focused on the development of oral drug delivery systems, is working to bring the first oral insulin product to market, thus, providing a more convenient, effective, and safer method for delivering insulin therapy.
- Basal Insulin or Long-acting Insulin
- Bolus Insulin or Fast-acting Insulin
- Pre-mixed Insulin or Combination Insulin
- Traditional Human Insulin
- Traditional Human Insulin Biosimilars
- Insulin Glargine Biosimilars
- GLP-1 Agonist Market
- Amylin Analogue
Oral Anti-diabetics Drugs
- Dopamine -D2 Receptor Agonist
- Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitors
- SGLT2 Inhibitors
- DPP-4 Inhibitors
- Insulin Combinations
- Oral Combinations
Reasons to Purchase this Dashboard
- More Granular: Covers more categories, segments, and information on brands at country- and global levels than the other market intelligence providers
- Provides an outlook of the market with the recent market data and historical data and market forecast
- Ease of Comparability: Our analytics is based on standardized definition across the world to facilitate better comparability of market data
- View the market in different ways among categories and geographies, in order to understand where the actual opportunity lies
- Market segmentation including quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional- and country- level data integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Market value (in USD million) and volume (in tablet or ml million) data for each segment and sub-segment
- Understanding of the market, considering the value and volume changes, and intra-category competition
- Dedicated analyst support for research queries and training
- Continuous amendment of the yearly database with significant changes updated based on scenarios
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Merck and Co.
- Novo Nordisk
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Phases
2.3.1 Internal sources evaluation
2.3.2 Research Process
2.3.3 Modeling & triangulation
2.3.4 Data finalization
2.3.5 Expert Validation
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Drug
3.1.1 Oral anti-diabetic drugs
3.1.3 Non-Insulin Injectable drugs
3.1.4 Combination Drugs
3.2.1 North America
3.2.3 Latin America
3.2.5 Middle East and Africa
4. Market Indicators
4.1 Type-1 Diabetes population (2012-2023)
4.2 Type-2 Diabetes population (2012-2023)
5. Company Share Analysis
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqkqt5/diabetes_drug?w=4