SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Strike it big in the Grand Heist! The newest seasonal event and community celebration for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 is available now on PlayStation®4, with other platforms to follow. Titled Operation Grand Heist, the all-new season of content features updates across the game, including a new Specialist, two brand-new Multiplayer maps, new playable destinations across the Blackout map, as well as a wide variety of personalization items, accessories, new vehicles, new game modes and much more.
“With Operation Grand Heist, the team has packed in an incredible amount of new content, and we can’t wait for fans to jump in and check it out,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We love the 1970s-style heist theme of this Operation, and the fast-paced action that it brings to Blackout and Multiplayer, along with the brand-new Zombies experience following in March.”
“One of our favorite things at the studio is creating new ways for the community to play,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We set out since day one to support Black Ops 4 long after launch, so we’re delivering a ton of new ways for players to engage with each mode of the game and we’re committed to giving fans new reasons to keep coming back week in and week out.”
Operation Grand Heist’s free, new content includes:
- New Specialist – Available in Multiplayer and Blackout, Outrider makes her Black Ops 4 debut, allowing players to silently take out enemies with explosive precision with her longbow, the Sparrow.
- New Blackout Location and Updates – Drop into the roughest, toughest, and wildest new Blackout location, Ghost Town, which features two areas. Inspired by Standoff, an intense classic multiplayer map from Black Ops II, the above ground destination provides flanking routes that call for strategic positioning with long and medium ranged combat. Below ground, fans can also explore underlying caverns inspired by the classic Zombies map Buried, where they’ll find heavy duty gear amongst hordes of the undead. Additionally, Operation Grand Heist introduces a new Blackout mode called Hot Pursuit, launching on February 22 on PlayStation 4 and other platforms to follow. Hot Pursuit is fast-paced and frenetic, and debuts three new vehicles – SUV, muscle car and PBR assault boat, all in special variants themed to Operation Grand Heist – as squads race to supply drops placed around the map containing high-level armor, weapons and grenades to dominate their opponents.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with new weapon camos, outfits, gestures, and accessories themed for Operation Grand Heist. This includes notable weapons like the Rampage Auto Shotgun, Switchblade X9 SMG, and the Home Wrecker demolition hammer, all unlockable through the Contraband Tiers as fans play through the game. A new long-range weapon called the Vendetta Sniper Rifle is also coming later in the season.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Grand Heist delivers new features to the Zombies mode including a new round-based Gauntlet challenge mode for the Classified map, along with a brand-new perk addition called the Ethereal Razor that substantially increases a player’s melee damage with area of effect and life re-gen for each hit.
In addition to the free content, Black Ops Pass owners gain access to even more in-game content, available first on PlayStation®4:
- New Multiplayer Map, Casino – A medium-sized map set in a luxurious casino in Monaco where elite thieves formed an elaborate plan to steal the winning racecars on display. Casino features high-intensity combat as players weave through buzzing slot-machines and topple across gambling tables. This wide-open space allows for long-range to mid-range combat with little protection from enemies.
- New Multiplayer Map, Lockup – A medium-sized map set in a Los Angeles police station, Lockup was the site of an assault to destroy evidence that led to the headquarters of an organized crime syndicate. Fans can dominate the rooftop positions, bail out when cornered and tactically shut down areas with operational doors to gain the upper hand on their opponents.
- New Blackout Character, Cosmic Silverback – Black Ops Pass owners will unlock this deadly Zombie silverback gorilla, an iconic fan-favorite boss originally from the Dead Ops Arcade from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Ancient Evil, an all-new Zombies experience, will also launch in March for Black Ops Pass owners, with details being revealed soon.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Additionally, the Zombies experience Classified, previously only available as part of the Black Ops Pass, is available now for all players to purchase as a standalone map. Classified features the “Ultimis” cast of characters in a chilling, survival experience as they fight the undead and investigate The Pentagon after mysteriously being teleported there.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The game is rated M for Mature (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language).
*Black Ops Pass (BOP) content is not final, is subject to change, and may not include all downloadable content available for the game. BOP content may not be available in all countries, and pricing and release dates may vary by platform. BOP content should be downloaded from the in-game store only; do not purchase separately, or you will be charged again. BOP content may be sold separately.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about the expected availability, features, functionality, events and content for Operation Grand Heist and the Black Ops Pass, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.