DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North America Breast Reconstruction Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Implants, Expanders), By Shape (Round, Anatomical), By Region (Canada, U.S.), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The North America breast reconstruction market size is anticipated to reach USD 486.6 million by 2025 at a 4.5% CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increased awareness about physical appearance, particularly among women.
Breast reconstruction is considered to be one of the top 5 cosmetic surgical procedures in U.S. since 2006. According to estimates, there has been a 39.0% increase in this procedure since 2000 and a 3.0% rise since 2015. Thus, with rising number of reconstruction procedures being performed, demand for associated products such as implants and tissue expanders has also increased.
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the number of women undergoing mastectomy procedures has increased by 36.0% during the period of 2005 to 2013. Increasing prevalence of breast cancer, high mortality rate associated with it, and growing number of mastectomies being performed as a result are some of the factors anticipated to drive demand for implants and tissue expanders.
Furthermore, availability of advanced technologies in this field has supported market growth. For instance, single-stage breast reconstruction has evolved as an innovative technique that combines tissue expanders and implants into a single product.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- By product, tissue expanders held the largest market share in 2017 and the segment is anticipated to exhibit significant growth over the forecast period due to their high application in mastectomy and lumpectomy surgeries
- Breast implants generated significant revenue in 2017 owing to significant concern among people to improve or alter their physical appearances
- Round shaped implants dominated the market in 2017. These result in soft, round, and accurately proportioned breasts and eliminate any risk arising from implant rotation
- Round shaped expanders are also expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to their ability to minimize visibility of implant ripples through the skin
- Anatomical shaped products are expected to show significant CAGR over the forecast period as they present lower risk of capsular contracture as compared to smooth implants and also give a natural-looking appearance
- U.S. dominated the regional market in 2017 due to increase in number of breast reconstruction surgeries in the country
- Canada is anticipated to show significant growth over the forecast period due to rising prevalence of breast cancer among the Canadian population
- Some of the major manufacturers are Mentor Worldwide LLC; Sientra, Inc.; Ideal Implant Incorporated; and Allergan.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Country Wise Market: Base Estimates
1.2 Global Market: CAGR Calculation
1.3 Region Based Segment Share Calculation
1.4 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.5 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 North America Breast Reconstruction Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.2.1 Increase in number of breast reconstruction procedures
3.2.2 Rising incidence of breast cancer
3.2.3 Introduction of technologically advanced products
3.3 Market Restraint Analysis
3.3.1 High cost of breast reconstruction procedures
3.3.2 Postsurgical complications
3.4 Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.4.1 Key opportunities prioritized, by product
3.4.2 Key opportunities prioritized, by shape
3.5 North America Breast Reconstruction - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
3.6 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.7 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Market Position Analysis, 2017
Chapter 4 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Product Movement Analysis
4.2 Tissue Expander
4.3.1 Implants market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.3.2 Silicone Breast Implants
4.3.3 Saline Breast Implants
Chapter 5 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Shape Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Shape Movement Analysis
Chapter 6 North America Breast Reconstruction Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Shape
6.1 North America breast reconstruction market share by region, 2017 & 2025
6.2 North America
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Company Profiles
- Mentor Worldwide LLC
- Allergan Inc.
- Sientra, Inc.
- Ideal Implant Incorporated
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hcbpzs/north_america?w=4