CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading digital resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to provide the best patient care, will hosts its latest State of the Science Summit™ on the treatment of ovarian cancer and soft tissue sarcoma (STS) on Tuesday, Dec. 11 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. at The Colonnade Boston Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts. The summit will be chaired by Joyce Fu Liu, M.D, M.P.H., who is director of clinical research, division of gynecologic oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and an assistant professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with ovarian cancer and STS. Expert presenters from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute will delve into informative topics facing ovarian cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as surgical options in newly diagnosed ovarian cancer, newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer, genetic testing in ovarian cancer, systemic treatment of STS or uterine leiomyosarcoma, treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer, PARP inhibitors for recurrent ovarian cancer, maintenance and relapsed disease, immunotherapy for gynecologic cancers, and a panel case discussion on a newly diagnosed ovarian cancer case (somatic testing). The presenters will also engage in a peer-exchange discussion and address audience questions.
Presenters from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute include the following:
- Susana M. Campos, M.D., M.P.H., institute physician, assistant professor of medicine, the Harvard Medical School.
- Suzanne George, M.D., director of clinical research, Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, senior physician, associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School.
- Neil S. Horowitz, M.D., director of clinical research in gynecologic oncology, associate professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive biology, Harvard Medical School.
- Panagiotis A. Konstantinopoulos, M.D., Ph.D., director of translational research, gynecologic oncology, physician, associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School.
- Ursula A. Matulonis, M.D., institute physician, chief, division of gynecologic oncology, Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers, professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brock-Wilson Family Chair.
- Huma Q. Rana, M.D., clinical director, cancer genetics and prevention, physician, instructor in medicine, Harvard Medical School.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.