DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global E-Sports Market - by Revenue Streams, Genre, Region - Market Size, Demand Forecasts, Company Profiles, Industry Trends and Updates (2017- 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global E-Sports market was USD 612.7 million in 2017 and is expected is reach USD 1758.1 million by 2023 with a CAGR of 19.21% during the forecast period.
Increasing popularity of video games, increasing popularity among youngsters, hypnotic gaming, technology, emergence of franchises and the convergence of business models are the major factors driving the growth of global e-sports market.
However, the threat from e-sports betting or gambling, weakness in smartphone games, games containing violent contents, net neutrality and others are the hindrances to the market growth.
Industry Trends and Updates
- National Basketball Association (NBA) announced in 2017 that it is taking a stake in its own e-sports league. The NBA website says NBA 2K eLeague is coming which is the first e sports league operated by one of the four major pro sports league in the U.S.
- Three North American franchise league were launched by the game publishers in 2018- the NBA 2K League, the North American League of Legends Championship Series, and the Overwatch League. The eSports industry is much bigger than many realize. In one week in June, 2018 17.7 million hours were spent by the viewers on Twitch in watching League of Legends matches. In May 2018, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft paid $20 million to secure a team spot in the new Overwatch League.
- Electronic Arts, in its Q4 2017 earnings reported that 18 million players involved in FIFA 18 and Madden NFL 18, 75% higher than the previous year. The New York Yankees partnered with Vision Esports, a holding company for eSports investments, in October 2017.
- Nielsen Media assessed the statistics of eSports enthusiasts and found that 70% are male, ageing 13 to 40, two-thirds said they watch live eSports, and 37% have attended live eSports events. Deloitte's own digital media trends survey demonstrates that half of Gen X respondents say they play video games at least once a week, and leads all generations in the amount of time spent on playing games on mobile.
- Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- CJ Corporation
- Electronic Arts Corporation
- FACEIT Ltd.
- Modern Times Group
- Rovio Entertainment Corporation
- Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
- Valve Corporation
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global E-Sports Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends - by Revenue Streams
6. Global E-Sports Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends - by Genre
7. Global E-Sports Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends - by Region
8. Company Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
10. Industry Structure
11. Global E-Sports Market - The Road Ahead
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8bc2v/global_esports?w=4