The comprehensive report on South African Real Estate Activities describes current conditions and recent developments in all sub-sectors, as well as factors influencing the success of the sector.
The report profiles 141 companies, including the main players in the residential real estate sector, Pam Golding Properties, RE/MAX of Southern Africa, Seeff Property Services and Harcourts Real Estate.
Profiles also include Vukile Property Fund and Arrowhead, which have made significant acquisitions, and developers including Abland, WBHO and Renprop.
The real estate sector contributed 5.6% to GDP, based on 2016 data. The South African listed-property sector is worth about R500bn with about 46% of the value of the sector reflecting investment in overseas markets.
The real estate sector's performance largely depends on economic drivers and has been challenged by slow economic growth during the past few years. In spite of this, the number of principal estate agents registered with the Estate Agency Affairs Board grew by 4.8% from 2016 to 2017. Property development is not showing signs of slowing down, but developers are struggling to increase occupancy rates due to oversupply.
South Africa's real estate landscape is set to undergo major changes in the future driven mainly by regulatory changes, including land restitution, and technology disruptors. Growth in residential property prices remained subdued in the first five months of 2018 with house prices increasing 4% and 4.8% year-on-year in May.
There are a number of opportunities in the sector brought about by high demand for student accommodation and gated communities and urban renewal and regeneration projects. But low projected growth rates and slowdown in economic activity could limit expansion and new development.
Key Topics Covered
2. Description of the Industry
3. Size of the Industry
4. State of the Industry
5. Influencing Factors
7. SWOT Analysis
9. Industry Associations
- Abland (Pty) Ltd
- Accelerate Property Fund Ltd
- Acsion Ltd
- Adrenna Property Group Ltd
- AIDA National Franchises (Pty) Ltd
- Arrowhead Properties Ltd
- Ascension Properties Ltd
- Atterbury Property (Pty) Ltd
- Exemplar REITail Ltd
- Fairvest Property Holdings Ltd
- Fieldspace Property Managers (Pty) Ltd
- First Realty Central (Pty) Ltd
- Firzt Realty (Pty) Ltd
- Group Five Ltd
- Growthpoint Properties Ltd
- Heriot REIT Ltd
- Hermans and Roman Property Solutions (Pty) Ltd
- HomeChoice Holdings Ltd
- Hyprop Investments Ltd
- Inframax Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Magnus Penny Associates CC
- Oasis Crescent Property Fund
- Oasis Crescent Property Fund Managers Ltd
- Octodec Investments Ltd
- Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Ltd
- Ooba (Pty) Ltd
- Orion Real Estate Ltd
- Pam Golding Properties (Pty) Ltd
- Renprop (Pty) Ltd
- Resilient REIT Ltd
- Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company SOC Ltd
- RMG Management Group SA (Pty) Ltd
- Rode and Associates (Pty) Ltd
- RPP Developments (Pty) Ltd
and many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rn3kj6/real_estate?w=4