DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Harsh Environment Fiber Optic Components/Devices Market Forecast" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The value of HEFO components are forecasted to increase at an average annual growth rate of 11.8% (2017-2022) and 8.6% during the 2nd-half of the forecast period (2022-2027), reaching $7.26 billion in 2027. Market forecast data in this study report refers to consumption (use) for a particular calendar year; therefore, this data is not cumulative data.
The Military/Aerospace category is set to maintain the leadership position, in terms of value, throughout the forecast period; however in terms of volume (quantity of units), the Commercial/Industrial is set to maintain the dominant leadership position; HEFO components are priced relatively much lower in Commercial/Industrial applications versus Military/Aerospace applications.
Through the 1990-2000 decade, the harsh environment active fiber optic component consumption was dominated by system contractor's captive production. These components and parts typically were custom-designed for the specific application, starting from purchased commercial units, which were then modified (a substantial design effort) to meet the environmental requirements of a specific missile, spacecraft, aircraft or other system. Some of these system contractors now are transitioning into supplying these components to other contractors, and some commercial-component vendors are developing harsh environment versions of their commercial components.
A major share of harsh environment fiber optic cable assemblies (both plastic and glass optical fiber based) are provided by connector vendors and by specialized cable assembly operations. An estimated 48% of the total worldwide value of $2.74 billion is attributed to the available merchant market relative to industry standard product serving the rugged or harsh environment demand in 2017.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2 Harsh Environment Fiber Optic Component Market Analysis & Forecast
3 Devices And Parts Market Analysis & Forecast
4. Application Trends
5. Technology Trends
6. Customer Review
7. Competitive Analysis
8. Definitions And Acronyms
9. Research And Analysis Methodology
- Amphenol Corporation
- Aptiv Plc (Delphi Automotive)
- Aurora Optics Incorporated
- Bel Fuse Inc. (Cinch Connectors-Bel Group)
- Belden Incorporated
- Clearfield, Inc.
- CommScope Inc. / TE Connectivity Ltd. (Raychem)
- Corning Incorporated (AFOP); (also see 3M)
- Diamond SA
- Euromicron Group (Sachsenkabel)
- Fiber Instruments Sales Inc.
- Fischer Connectors SA
- Glenair Inc.
- Greenlee Textron Inc., a subsidiary of Textron Inc.
- Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Inno Instrument
- ITT Cannon and Veam
- LEMO Connectors
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Incorporated
- Molex, LLC (Koch Industries, Inc.)
- Optical Cable Corporation (OCC)
- SEIKOH GIKEN CO., Ltd.
- Senko Advanced Components (SENKO Sangyo Co., Ltd.)
- Shenzhen Powerlink Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
- Smiths Connectors
- SOURIAU (Eaterline)
- Sumitomo Electric Lightwave (SEI)
- TE Connectivity
- Techwin (China) Industry Co., Ltd
- 3M Interconnect Solutions; (also see Corning)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cxhqph/global_harsh?w=4