DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Food Authenticity Market by Target Testing Technology and Food Tested - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to the report, the global food authenticity market was valued at $5,312 million in 2017, and is estimated to reach $9,840 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 8.1% from 2018 to 2025. In 2017, the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology segment accounted for more than one-third share of the total food authenticity market.
Various regulations on food safety particularly in the developed economies, growth in instances of food fraud, and rise in Economically Motivated Adulterations (EMA), owing to high competition among food producers drive the food authenticity market. However, high cost of food authenticity, availability of relatively cheap substitutes, and anti-dumping policies on food authenticity are expected to hamper the food authenticity industry growth.
In 2017, the processed food segment was the leading revenue contributor to the global food authenticity market. The processed food segment includes numerous processed products, such as infant formula, packaged food, wine, bakery & confectionery, and other processed food products; hence, there are large chances for food frauds.
- In 2017, Europe dominated the global food authenticity market, with more than two-fifths food authenticity market share in terms of value.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.
- The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) segment is estimated to register the highest growth rate, in terms of revenue, registering a CAGR of 8.7% from 2018 to 2025 and generated the highest revenue in 2017.
- The meat speciation segment is estimated to register a highest growth rate, in terms of revenue, registering a CAGR of 8.7%.
- In 2017, processed food was the leading segment, which occupied around one-third food authenticity market share in global food authenticity market, in terms of revenue.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter: 1 Introduction
Chapter: 2 Executive Summary
Chapter: 3 Market Overview
Chapter: 4 Regulatory Frameworks for the Food Authenticity Market
Chapter: 5 Food Authenticity Market, by Target Testing
Chapter: 6 Food Authenticity Market, by Technology
Chapter: 7 Food Authenticity Market, by Food Tested
Chapter: 8 Food Authenticity Market, by Geography
Chapter: 9 Company Profiles
- Intertek Group PLC
- Eurofins Scientific SE
- SGS S.A.
- LGC Science Group Ltd.
- ALS Limited
- Merieux Nutrisciences Corporation
- EMSL Analytical Inc.
- Microbac Laboratories Inc.
- Romer Labs Diagnostic GmbH
- Genetic ID NA Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n85zxd/global_market?w=4