DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Materials for Proton Exchange Membranes and Membrane Electrode Assemblies for PEM Fuel Cells 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The fuel cell industry in various forms has been developing for decades. There are notable examples of fuel cell successes. The PEMFC is emerging as a winner in many of the primary categories that fuel cells can satisfy. Existing membranes and assemblies still have room for improvement. PEMFC development and commercialization is an ever-changing process.
This analysis examines the market and technology for the materials and technology of proton exchange membranes and electrode assemblies and for bipolar plates for PEMFCs, including direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs). This includes the gas diffusion layer (GDL), the catalyst ink/electrode, the membrane itself and the bipolar plate. Ancillary stack assembly materials such as bolts, gaskets, tie-outs, and final assembly and packaging costs are excluded.
This report details the actuals for 2016 and 2017, forecasts for 2022, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections for 2017 through 2022. A patent analysis and discussion for power sources and vehicle components describes where research is performed and emphasizes intellectual property issues. An extensive set of company profiles is provided.
- An overview of the global market for components for proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC) membrane electrode assembly (MEA)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Examination of bipolar plates for PEMFCs, including direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs); this includes the gas diffusion layer (GDL), the catalyst ink/electrode, the membrane itself, and the bipolar plate
- Discussion covering the history and technological advancement of these components, the companies involved in these developments, the current and projected incentives, and the projected markets for such technologies
- Patent analyses as well as discussion covering power sources and vehicle components, emphasizing intellectual property issues
- 10X Microstructures
- Altergy Systems
- Akzo Nobel
- Allegheny Technologies Inc
- Ao Yu Graphite Group Co. Ltd.
- Asbury Carbons
- Electrochem Inc. (Fuelcell.Com)
- General Motors Corp.
- Gore Fuel Cell Technologies
- Graftech International Ltd.
- Horizon Fuel Cells
- Hyundai Motor
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Intelligent Energy
- Metro Mold & Design
- Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells Research
- Materials And Electrochemical Research Corp.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology
- Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd
- Nisshinbo Chemical Inc.
- Nuvera Fuel Cells (Nacco Materials Handling Group)
- Oorja Protonics Inc.
- Pacific Century Enterprise Inc.
- Plastic Omnium
- Powercell Sweden AB (Volvo)
- Proton Power Systems
- Sumitomo Metal Mining
- Toray Industries Inc. (Zoltek Materials Group)
- Toyota (Toyota, Leus and Scion)
and many more...
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Overview
Chapter 4 Membrane Electrode Assemblies
Chapter 5 Proton Exchange Membranes for Fuel Cells
Chapter 6 MEA, Gaseous Diffusion Layers and Bipolar Plates
Chapter 7 Catalysts and Inks
Chapter 8 Industry Structure and Competitive Aspects
Chapter 9 Appendix: Abbreviations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/79ljm8/materials_for?w=4