REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Silicon Valley startup Metamoto, Inc. announced its highly anticipated Simulation as a Service offering will be available at the beginning of August 2018, enabling companies working on autonomous technology to validate automated vehicle (AV) software safely in the virtual world before they hit public roads.
To see how this breakthrough AV simulation solution is a crucial technology that helps make self-driving cars a near-term reality, visit Metamoto at booth 300 at AUVSI’s Automated Vehicles Symposium in San Francisco, CA, taking place from July 9-12.
Metamoto’s offering will include three components:
- Director – A scalable, parameterized simulator allowing for tests to run across a spectrum of environmental and hardware parameters and unique edge cases.
- Designer – A first-of-its-kind tool to custom build parameterized scenarios via a visual editor. Scenarios define the training and testing behaviors of traffic, pedestrians, sensor configurations, etc. within a virtual scene.
- Analyzer – A comprehensive analysis tool to assess how a vehicle performed in specific simulations. This tool is often referenced as an autonomous systems debugger.
“Simulation offers an immediate means to train and test the performance of automated systems in a risk-free environment, allowing automakers to accelerate to their autonomous vehicle production timelines,” said Chad Partridge, CEO, Metamoto. “Metamoto’s offering is designed to give every player in the mobility space – not just the largest, ‘top dogs’ – a tool to test their automated vehicle in a virtual world ensuring safe deployment in the real world.”
Key features of the offering include:
- Scalability – The ability to run millions of tests in a single cycle, ultimately driving billions of virtual test miles, to identify isolated outcomes, performance boundaries and system tolerances.
- Parameterization – Simulations are executable across a spectrum of environmental (weather, traffic, road conditions, pedestrians, etc.) and hardware (vehicle properties, sensor placement, latency, sensor settings, etc.) parameters.
- Continuous test and integration – On-demand simulation is inserted into the AV product lifecycle with tools like Jenkins and Jira, allowing for seamless regression testing, agile workflows, version control and more, every time vehicle software, sensors and/or infrastructure change.
- Accurate simulation – Precise, unified simulation of a variety of sensors is available including LiDAR, camera, radar, GPS, IMU and others.
- Interoperability – Metamoto’s offering is delivered as an add-on to other mobility solutions. For example, Metamoto and Renovo recently announced a partnership to make simulation solutions available to Renovo’s AWare ecosystem.
“Almost every organization working on AV technologies recognizes the need to adopt a more structured approach to software development and greater use of simulation,” said Jeff Blackburn, Head of Business Development, Metamoto. “Our ability to provide large-scale AV simulation capabilities that are easily incorporated into existing software development processes and not currently available to most of the entities working in the AV space is unparalleled. Plus, we do so at an entry price point that’s far lower than any of the legacy or generation 1 products on the market.”
This announcement follows Metamoto’s successful early engagement program which includes participating OEMs, Tier-1 suppliers, transportation network companies (TNCs) and stack, sensor and other technology providers. Metamoto also recently commenced its Series A fundraising having previously concluded a successful $2M seed round fundraise in July 2017.
To request a product overview, please contact: email@example.com
To subscribe to future updates from Metamoto, please visit: https://www.metamoto.com/#subscribe
About Metamoto, Inc.
Metamoto brings superior simulation-centric products, services, and best practices for training, testing, developing and validating autonomous system software to world-class enterprises. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, Metamoto was founded in 2016 by a veteran team of enterprise software entrepreneurs with numerous software engineering and autonomous systems successes. The team features scalable continuous test and integration discipline and expertise steeped in simulation, computer vision, machine learning, standards and regulations. To learn more, visit https://www.metamoto.com.