MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fiskars, the World’s #1 Scissors Brand™, recently announced the recipients of the new 2018 Project Orange Thumb Teacher Grant Program. Out of more than 1,700 applications submitted, 50 recipients were selected to each receive $500 plus tools to support their classrooms.
The Project Orange Thumb Teacher Grant Program is an extension of Fiskars’ existing Project Orange Thumb Garden Grant Program and will provide tools and resources to teachers who inspire creativity in the classroom. Each recipient will receive kids scissors for the classroom, adult craft tools for the teacher, and funds to purchase additional school supplies.
“Fiskars believes in the strong role creativity plays in a child’s development,” said Fiskars Americas Vice President of Marketing Jay Gillespie. “We received many thoughtful applications from deserving teachers. We’re honored that we could provide 50 teachers with the trusted tools and funds they need to continue to inspire creativity in their students every day.”
Teacher grant recipients include:
- Heather A., Nah Tah Wahsh, Mich.
- Tara A., South Park Elementary, S.D.
- Shirlonda A., Northwest Institute for Contemporary Learning, Ill.
- Amanda B., Plattin Primary, Mo.
- Rebecca B., Turner/Bartels K8, Fla.
- Jon B., Gossett Elementary, Texas
- Ginny B., Zitzman Elementary, Mo.
- Amber C., Berea Community Elementary School, Ky.
- Christy C., Hill Farm Elementary, Ark.
- Lindsey C., Vassiliadis Elementary, Nev.
- Rachel C., Buckhorn Elementary, Fla.
- Alison C., Deane Bozeman, Fla.
- Stephanie D., Alta Mesa Elementary, Calif.
- Jeanna D., Pleasant Valley Elementary School, N.Y.
- Jennifer F., Semitropic School District, Calif.
- Michelle (Mickey) F., Spring Lake Magnet, Neb.
- Chelsea G., Wynnebrook Elementary, Fla.
- Karla G., North Elementary, Ill.
- Renee H. Entz Elementary, Ariz.
- Lindsay H., Gunter Elementary School, Texas
- Chrystine H., Oregon Trail Elementary, Idaho
- Kristina H., Taylor Elementary School, Ind.
- Kelsey J., Cesar Chavez College Preparatory School, Ohio
- Amanda J., Trenton Elementary School, Fla.
- Katrina Lewis H., Christenberry Elementary School, Tenn.
- Monique L., Will Beckley Elementary School, Nev.
- Tami L., Hill Intermediate, Ohio
- Lacy L., Newton Bateman Elementary School, Ill.
- Veena L., Dunleith Elementary School, Ga.
- Julie L., Riverview Elementary School, Wis.
- Jillian M., New Chelsea Elementary, Kan.
- Chanelle M., Cankton Elementary School, La.
- Lacey M., Buffalo Public School #81, N.Y.
- Miranda M., Clear Spring Elementary, Texas
- Sylvia M., Ken Danby Public School, Ont.
- Vanessa M., West Memorial Elementary, Texas
- Mary Ellen M., Ballentine Elementary School, N.C.
- Miranda O., Riverside Elementary School, Mich.
- Meredith P., Shell Elementary, Fla.
- Kathy P., Bastian Elementary, Utah
- Emily R., Henry Sory Elementary, Texas
- Dean R., Oliver Elementary, B.C.
- Whitney S., Dyersburg Primary School, Tenn.
- Bailey S., Roy Clark Elementary, Okla.
- Janie S., Jack Hayes Elementary, La.
- Kimberly S., Woodland Elementary School, Fla.
- Amy T., Sweetwater Elementary School, Ga.
- Melanie W., Nadaburg Elementary School, Ariz.
- Amy W., New Field Elementary, Ill.
- Kara Y., Parsons Elementary, Ohio
For further information on the Project Orange Thumb program, visit www.fiskars.com/ProjectOrangeThumb.
Since its establishment in 1649, Fiskars Group has grown to be a leading functional and living products company with a strong brand portfolio, including Fiskars, Iittala, Gerber, Wedgewood and Waterford. Fiskars Group has employees in over 30 countries and is headquartered in Finland. With over 1 billion Orange-handled Scissors sold, Fiskars has grown to be the World’s #1 Scissors Brand. Fiskars promotes achievement and self-expression by focusing on easy to use, innovative tools to make gardening, cooking and crafting more enjoyable. Fiskars Americas is headquartered in Wisconsin. Please visit www.fiskars.com.