NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Eisner PC, the Los Angeles-based law firm that operates one of the nation’s premier practices in business- and entertainment-related matters, today announced its expansion in New York with the opening of a new Midtown office and the addition of a highly respected litigation team.
Leslie Corwin and Simon Miller, who have practiced together at multiple AmLaw 100 law firms, will be joining Eisner in New York as partners, where they will be expanding the firm’s office along with two attorneys from Eisner.
“It’s an exciting and natural step in the evolution of our firm to open this office in New York—a capital of business and entertainment where we already have been actively serving clients for years,” said firm chair Michael Eisner. “Les and Simon bring immediate and additional credibility to our presence in New York and offer an ideal complement to our existing litigation practice.”
In 1999, Eisner founded the eponymous business and entertainment law firm that represents numerous media and entertainment companies, investment firms, REITs, banks, and ultra high-net-worth individuals and family offices, providing both transactional and litigation services.
Corwin and Miller are renowned for litigating disputes surrounding the breakup of partnerships and other businesses. No lawyer has handled more ownership disputes involving law and accounting firms than Corwin, whose past engagements include the dissolution of Heller Ehrman, which once had more than 700 lawyers in 15 international offices. He and Miller have litigated issues of first impression and have also represented a wide array of financial services providers, professional services firms, and real estate developers. They are joining Eisner from the AmLaw 100 firm Blank Rome LLP.
“Eisner’s quality of work and growth trajectory made it impossible to resist the opportunity to spearhead the firm’s efforts in New York,” Corwin and Miller said in a joint statement. “We are deeply impressed with the firm’s high-level corporate, real estate, and litigation capabilities, which will benefit our clients greatly.”
They will be joined in the New York office by current Eisner partner Doreen Small, former general counsel of Ford Models, Inc. and senior intellectual property counsel to NBC, where her clients included Saturday Night Live; and Ali Grace Marquart, former director of business and legal affairs for Wilhelmina Models, one of the world’s most influential model management companies.
About Eisner PC
Founded in 1999, Eisner is a full-service business and entertainment firm. Our comprehensive services include sophisticated counsel in the areas of entertainment, media, and the arts, corporate, real estate, and litigation, from lawyers committed to providing efficient services of the highest quality.
- Founded in 1999.
- Over 35 lawyers in Los Angeles and New York.
- Highly sophisticated Entertainment, Media & the Arts group provides legal services to household-name artists, athletes, production companies, financiers, and virtually all other players in the entertainment ecosystem.
Additional quotes from Michael Eisner:
- “We have managed our growth carefully over the years, but saw a great strategic fit with Les and Simon, whose litigation talents are universally respected.”
- “Now is the right time for Eisner to expand our reach in New York. We have a wonderful base of clients here, and look forward to serving them more completely from our new office.”
- Will serve as managing partner of the New York office.
- Co-authored treatise on “Law Firm Partnership Agreements” (1998, with Arthur Ciampi), which remains the definitive book on the subject.
- Selected to participate in the Aspen Institute 2017 Justice & Society Seminar, the invitation-only seminar co-founded by the late Supreme Court Justice Harry A. Blackmun, composed of 20 distinguished participants from various professional fields.
- Member of the Committee on Character and Fitness, Supreme Court of the State of New York, First Judicial Department.
- Member of the American Law Institute, and a Fellow of the American and New York Bar Foundations.
- Prevailed in the seminal case of Dawson v. White & Case, which led New York State to pass legislation allowing for the sale of legal practices.
- Has represented numerous AmLaw 100 law firms and has been involved in the dissolutions of many, including Heller Ehrman, WolfBlock, and Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault.
- Previously a founding partner of Morrison Cohen and assisted Greenberg Traurig in expanding New York, Denver, and Los Angeles offices.
- Additional comment: “There are many common threads between our work and Eisner’s, including the fact that our clients are all in relationship-based businesses.”
- Will serve as day-to-day head of the New York office.
- National reputation as a “business divorce” lawyer.
- Represents prominent law firms, investment advisory firms, hedge funds, and individual professionals in business formations, dissolutions, valuation proceedings, and litigation.
- Together with Corwin, won $9 million jury verdict for former hedge fund partner over the breach of a reorganization agreement.
- Belongs to panels of mediators for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division, New York County.
- Serves on the board of the BRC, a New York City homeless services organization.
- Additional comment: “Michael Eisner created a special firm that has attracted extraordinary lawyers and clients in its first 18 years. I’m thrilled to be a part of the firm’s next chapter as it further expands in New York.”