SUWANEE, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Meggitt Training Systems will conduct demonstrations of its industry-leading simulators and trainers, plus display live-fire solutions, during CANSEC 2018 at Ottawa’s EY Centre on May 30-31. The range-topping FATS® 100MIL delivers a significant expansion in virtual small-arms training capability, complemented by the FATS 100P when ease of transport is paramount. Other products on display include Meggitt’s Armored Fighting Vehicle Trainers, Multi-Function Stationary Infantry Target and GranTrap™ bullet trap model.
“The Canadian debut of the portable FATS 100P, along with other solutions on display, reinforces our unique ability to design, deliver and support both virtual and live-fire products,” said Ed Duckless, president of Meggitt Training Systems Quebec. “Visitors to Meggitt’s CANSEC booth this year will see a broad range of solutions to enable the continued readiness of Canadian Armed Forces and its allies.”
Meggitt products to be highlighted at CANSEC 2018 include:
- The FATS 100MIL is a major expansion in weapons training capability, introducing revolutionary features such as advanced game engine 3-D marksmanship, enhanced diagnostics with intelligent automatic coaching and VBS3-based collective training. In addition, the FATS 100MIL allows assignment of Meggitt’s patented wireless BlueFire® weapons to each trainee.
- The FATS 100P features advanced functionality for both instructor and trainee, delivering weapon handling and shot placement analytics, marksmanship automatic coaching tools, video-based judgmental training for escalation and de-escalation, and enhanced graphic capabilities, all in a compact package. Portable and light, the FATS 100P comes in two rugged hand-carry cases the size of a large range bag that allow easy transportation, set-up and operation by one person. Up to six weapon simulators, including wireless BlueFire ones, can be run simultaneously.
- The Armored Fighting Vehicle Trainers support both individual collective levels of gunnery and tactical training, enabling soldiers the opportunity to practice scenarios they normally face in combat situations. A wide array of tailored training options allows users to maximize resources and optimize combat readiness. These include remote weapon trainer, driver station trainer, embedded trainer and anti-tank guided missile trainer.
- The Multi-Function Stationary Infantry Target offers a fixed target head configuration that can respond to hits, automatic triggers activated by soldier movements, or a pre-programmed scenario, ensuring trainees do not anticipate target actions. This provides a realistic environment for urban operations and specialized training. The system is operated through radio frequency, hardwire or Ethernet controls that enable great flexibility in range design and usage.
- The GranTrap granulated rubber bullet trap utilizes soft media to stop incoming rounds and capture them predominantly intact. This minimizes airborne lead dust, averts back-splatter and ricochet, and minimizes impact noise. The result is a cleaner and safer environment for shooting ranges, maximizing bullet recovery and recycling processes.
To see a demonstration of Meggitt’s products and speak with a company representative during CANSEC 2018, visit booth 121 or schedule an appointment at https://meggitttrainingsystems.com/about/request-a-meeting-with-meggitt-training-systems/.
About Meggitt Training Systems
Meggitt Training Systems, makers of FATS® and Caswell technologies, a division of Meggitt PLC, is the leading supplier of integrated live-fire and virtual weapons training systems. Following the acquisition of FATS® virtual training systems and Caswell International's live-fire ranges and services, Meggitt Training Systems has continued to grow its capabilities based on the legacy of these two industry leaders. Over 13,000 Meggitt live-fire ranges and 5,100 virtual systems are fielded internationally, providing judgmental, situational awareness and marksmanship training to the armed forces, law enforcement and security organizations.
Meggitt Training Systems employs more than 400 people at its headquarters in Atlanta and at facilities in Orlando, Canada, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, UAE, Australia and Singapore. It can deploy service personnel anywhere in the world for instructor training, system installation and maintenance.
About Meggitt PLC
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Meggitt PLC is an international group operating in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for its specialized extreme environment engineering, Meggitt is a world leader in aerospace, defense and energy, employing nearly 11,000 people at more than 50 manufacturing facilities and regional offices worldwide.