HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced that it has again been recognized for its commitment to workplace diversity and named a Noteworthy Company by DiversityInc.
To be considered for the list, companies must complete an extensive survey that measures talent pipeline and development, leadership accountability and supplier diversity. More than 1,800 companies participated in this year’s survey, and only 33 received distinction as a Noteworthy Company.
“A diverse and inclusive workplace inspires fresh thinking, new ideas and innovation,” said Fred Colon, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at Travelers. “Fostering a welcoming environment that brings together people with different backgrounds and perspectives creates a culture where employees feel valued, respected and supported. As a result, they feel empowered, and the business benefits from an engaged workforce.”
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is a business imperative at Travelers, and the company has taken many steps to support it, including:
- Adding an Inclusive Leadership objective to all managers’ performance objectives to help foster a work environment where all employees are included and appreciated and to help attract, retain, engage and develop employees from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Fostering partnerships and sponsoring diverse professional organizations, such as W.O.M.E.N. in America, Hispanic IT Executive Council Emerging Executives Program, Forum on Workplace Inclusion, Out & Equal Workplace Advocates Summit, Disability Matters and Team Rubicon.
- Sustaining eight employee-led diversity networks that help bring the power of diversity and inclusion to life through networking events, leadership development and community outreach.
- Conducting a facilitator-led session for all employees, regardless of position, to learn what the terms “diversity” and “inclusion” mean for Travelers. The session provides opportunities to explore personal attitudes toward differences and understand how they affect interactions, decisions and behaviors.
- Managing Travelers EDGE®: Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment, a career pipeline program that helps underrepresented students complete bachelor’s degrees and prepare for a career at Travelers or within the insurance and financial services industries.
For more information about diversity at Travelers, visit travelers.com/diversity.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $29 billion in 2017. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.