BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP), a leading omnichannel provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions, today announced the launch of a new associate-driven philanthropy and volunteer initiative called “Depot Days of Service,” which will take place from April 28 through May 5 in eight markets across North America.
“At Office Depot, we’re committed to supporting the communities in which we live and do business through philanthropic giving and robust employee volunteerism, and we’re excited to kick off our first annual Depot Days of Service in eight of our largest employment markets throughout North America,” said Jerri DeVard, executive vice president and chief customer officer for Office Depot, Inc. “We expect nearly 2,000 Office Depot associates, friends and family members to come together over the next week to volunteer in support of worthwhile service projects in their local communities.”
In South Florida, where Office Depot is based, the company will partner with a variety of organizations on a series of service projects, which will include:
- Planting 11,000 plants to restore sea dunes in Pompano Beach with the Youth Environmental Alliance (YEA)
- Preparing meals for deserving youth in Boca Raton with Place of Hope
- Building homes for two deserving families in West Palm Beach with Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build program
- Donating over 10,000 books to benefit the Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Hosting the largest volunteer event in Palm Beach County School District history, revitalizing a local elementary school in the heart of Delray Beach with the Palm Beach County Education Foundation
Office Depot, Inc. volunteers will roll up their sleeves in other major cities across North America to complete large-scale projects with local organizations, including:
- Sorting, packing and helping to ship donated food to local charities with Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Refreshing local schools with Hands On Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia and Keep Austin Beautiful in Austin, Texas
- Beautifying a local park with the Chicago Park District in Chicago, Illinois and farm with the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department in San Francisco, California
- Working with the Boys & Girls Club of Philadelphia to transform their Germantown Clubhouse with a fresh coat of paint and new landscaping in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Preparing and serving dishes at Robin des Bois, a non-profit restaurant that donates all profits to local community organizations in Montreal, Canada
The Depot Days of Service program will expand company-wide next year so that all associates can have the opportunity to engage directly with their local communities and establish stronger and further-reaching relationships in the future.
For more information about Office Depot visit officedepot.com.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,400 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business. For more information, visit news.officedepot.com and follow @officedepot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Office Depot is a trademark of The Office Club, Inc. OfficeMax is a trademark of OMX, Inc. CompuCom is a trademark of CompuCom Systems, Inc. Grand&Toy is a trademark of Grand & Toy, LLC in Canada. ©2018 Office Depot, Inc. All rights reserved. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.