CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive® is proud to announce the inductees of the 2018 Giants of Cancer Care® recognition program. This year, 21 respected healthcare professionals who are advancing the field of oncology by their contributions in research and clinical practice will be awarded. The winners will be celebrated on May 31 during an exclusive celebration, from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm CDT at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, Illinois.
Michael J. Hennessy Jr., president of MJH Associates Inc., parent company of OncLive®, said, “Each Giants of Cancer Care® inductee continues to help propel the field of oncology forward through their commitment to innovative and groundbreaking contributions in cancer treatment and research. We are looking forward to honoring each of them at this year’s Giants of Cancer Care® celebration.”
This year’s Giants of Cancer Care® inductees will be:
- George W. Sledge, Jr, MD, Stanford University - Breast Cancer
- Laura J. Esserman, MD, MBA, University of California San Francisco/Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center – Cancer Diagnostics
- W.K. Alfred Yung, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – CNS Malignancies
- Richard L. Schilsky, MD, ASCO - Community Outreach/Education/Cancer Policy
- Joseph R. Bertino, MD, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey - Drug Development
- Josep Tabernero, MD, PhD, Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology - Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Nicholas J. Vogelzang, MD, Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada – Genitourinary Cancers
- Maurie Markman, MD, Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Gynecologic Cancers
- Waun Ki Hong, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - Head and Neck Cancers
- Lieping Chen, MD, PhD, Yale University – Immuno-Oncology
- Michael J. Keating, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – Leukemia
- Bruce E. Johnson, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Harvard Medical School - Lung Cancer
- James O. Armitage, MD, University of Nebraska – Lymphoma
- Caroline Robert, MD, PhD, Institute Gustave Roussy, Paris, France - Melanoma and Skin Cancers
- Bart Barlogie, MD – Mount Sinai - Myeloma
- Michael P. Link, MD, Stanford University - Pediatric Oncology
- Judy E. Garber, MD, MPH, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute – Prevention/Genetics
- Eli J. Glatstein, MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine – Penn Medicine - Radiation Oncology
- Patricia A. Ganz, MD, David Geffen School of Medicine and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center – Supportive Care/Palliative/Geriatric
- Armando Giuliano, MD, Cedars- Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles) – Surgical Oncology
- V. Craig Jordan, OBE, PhD, DSc, FMedSci, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – Translational Scientific Advancements
Nominated by the oncology community, all finalists are selected by an elite seven-member advisory board of world-renowned oncologists. The finalists in each category are then voted on by a 100-plus member selection committee comprising the nation's leading physicians in the oncology space. The winners represent 21 categories: breast cancer, cancer diagnosis, CNS malignancies, community outreach/education/cancer policy, drug development, gastrointestinal cancer, genitourinary cancer, gynecologic cancer, head and neck cancers, immuno-oncology, leukemia, lung cancer, lymphoma, melanoma and skin cancers, myeloma, pediatric oncology, prevention/genetics, radiation oncology, supportive care/palliative/geriatric, surgical oncology, and translational scientific advancements.
Thanks to our supporters: Incyte and Lilly Oncology
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication dedicated entirely to patients with cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.
About Giants of Cancer Care®
Giants of Cancer Care® celebrates the achievements of leading researchers and educators whose discoveries have helped propel the field of oncology forward and established the building blocks for future advances. In 2018, a selection committee of 100+ eminent oncologists, researchers and clinicians will choose honorees from several different tumor types and specialty categories.