NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced May’s high-profile author events, featuring bestselling authors, well-known actors and actresses, sports stars and more. Throughout the month of May, fans can come to Barnes & Noble to meet the celebrities they love including neuroscientist and Big Bang Theory actress Mayim Bialik, former Major League Baseball star Keith Hernandez, National Book Award winner Jesmyn Ward, bestselling author and the Barnes & Noble Book Club’s inaugural pick, Meg Wolitzer, and many more big names. Customers should visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator for more details on each event.
Below is a list of some of the major events taking place at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide this May:
- Bret Baier, Three Days in Moscow: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of the Soviet Empire, Barnes & Noble in Naples, FL, May 17 at 7:30pm; Barnes & Noble Lake Sumter Market Square in The Villages, FL, May 18 at 12 NOON.
- David Baldacci, The Fallen, Barnes & Noble Creeks in Glen Allen, VA, May 5 at 2 PM.
- Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, My American Dream: A Life of Love, Family, and Food, Barnes & Noble Eastchester in Scarsdale, NY, May 6 at 4 PM.
- Mayim Bialik, Boying Up: How to be Brave, Bold, and Brilliant, Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City, May 8 at 7 PM.
- David Duchovny, Miss Subways: A Novel, Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City, May 1 at 7 PM; Barnes & Noble The Grove in Los Angeles, May 4 at 7 PM.
- Temple Grandin, Calling All Minds, Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City, May 14 at 6 PM.
- Marcia Gay Harden, The Seasons of My Mother: A Memoir of Love, Family, Flowers, Barnes & Noble The Grove in Los Angeles, May 8 at 7 PM.
- Keith Hernandez, I’m Keith Hernandez, Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue in New York City, May 15 at 12:30 PM.
- Mary Karr, Tropic of Squalor: Poems, Barnes & Noble Upper West Side in New York City, May 8 at 7 PM.
- Jon Meacham, The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels, Barnes & Noble Upper East Side in New York City, May 8 at 8 PM.
- Michael Ondaatje, Warlight, Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City, May 11 at 7 PM.
- Michael Pollan, How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence, Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City, May 15 at 7 PM.
- Retta, So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y'all Don't Even Know, Barnes & Noble Tribeca in NYC, May 29 at 6 PM.
- Jesmyn Ward, Sing, Unburied, Sing, Barnes & Noble Metairie in Metairie, LA, May 22 at 7 PM.
- Meg Wolitzer, The Female Persuasion, Barnes & Noble Upper West Side in New York City, May 2 at 6 PM.
- Mackenzie Ziegler, Kenzie’s Rules for Life: How to Be Happy, Healthy, and Dance to Your Own Beat, Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue in New York City, May 9 at 6 PM; Barnes & Noble The Grove in Los Angeles, May 14 at 7 PM.
Barnes & Noble hosts over 100,000 events annually at its stores across the country. Customers should visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator for a full list, and stay tuned for the next announcement of exciting events in June.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 630 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.