MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medica today announced a new Medicare Supplement health plan for Medicare-eligible residents of Minnesota. The plan, Signature SolutionSM, helps pay costs not covered by Original Medicare, including Medicare deductibles and coinsurance. The plan is available for enrollment starting March 1, 2018.
Signature Solution enrollees can choose from two medical plan options. The Basic option allows an enrollee to add up to four riders that enhance coverage in specific ways such as coverage of the Medicare Part A or B deductible, provider charges above what Medicare allows and non-Medicare covered preventive services. The Extended Basic option provides very comprehensive coverage. The tobacco-free base rate for the Basic plan is $163.60 per month, while the tobacco-free rate for the Extended Basic option is $228.00 per month.
With Signature Solution, enrollees can see any provider that accepts Medicare anywhere in the United States. Other key features of Signature Solution include:
- $0 copay for most services.
- Free SilverSneakers® fitness membership. This program helps people age 65 and over improve their well-being through a variety of options including more than 13,000 participating fitness centers nationwide, access to classes and exercise equipment and the ability to enroll at multiple locations simultaneously.
- Discounts on medical alerts systems, hearing aids and Lasik vision correction.
- HealthAdvocate® Nurseline, which provides 24/7 access to highly trained nurses available to answer questions about symptoms, medications and health conditions.
- Personal Health Advocates, who help enrollees tackle health and insurance-related questions—from finding the right doctor to answering questions about claims.
“Signature Solution is the latest example of Medica’s expanding product portfolio that is designed to meet consumer needs,” said Thomas Lindquist, Medica senior vice president of government programs. “Baby boomers, in particular as they become eligible for Medicare coverage, want more product options. We began to strategically expand Medicare private insurance options last fall with the introduction of Advantage Solution and now have a complete suite that includes Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Cost plans and stand-alone Part D options.”
Information about all of Medica’s Medicare private insurance options is available at: www.medica.com/medicare.
Medica (medica.com) is a health services company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest. The non-profit company provides health care coverage in the employer, individual, Medicaid and Medicare markets. It operates in Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Medica also offers national network coverage to employers who have employees outside the Medica regional network.
Medica’s vision is to be trusted in the community for our unwavering commitment to high quality, affordable health care.