SAN CLEMENTE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today the Sheckler Foundation announced its signature grant program, “Be the Change,” is open for entries to win a $10,000 grant to enrich the lives of children or injured action sports athletes. Since 2012 when the “Be the Change” initiative launched, the Sheckler Foundation has granted more than $350,000 to noteworthy recipients.
“I love the ‘Be the Change’ initiative because I get to see that the world is full of good people that really want to help others. Since the first “Be The Change” initiative in 2012 we’ve seen some of the most creative and passionate plans by people that want to bring change to areas they believe in, and I can’t wait to see what is coming this year,” said Sheckler Foundation co-founder Ryan Sheckler. “Tell us your story. How would you use $10,000 to be the change you want to see in the lives of kids or injured action sports athletes?”
If you have a cause you believe in or need help making a dream to help others come true, the Sheckler Foundation “Be the Change” initiative is for you. Contest entrants will submit their ideas to http://www.shecklerfoundation.org/be-the-change. Once the entries have been received, the foundation will narrow the finalists to four, which will then be voted on by followers. This process allows our supporters to vote for the cause they’d not only like to see win, but will support long term.
- All entries must be in line with the Sheckler Foundation’s mission statement of supporting causes that directly benefit and enrich the lives of children and injured action sports athletes
- Each entry must have a proposed budget that should not exceed $10,000
- Each proposal must be specific about material items that may be needed to execute the cause. For example: printing, lumber, food, clothes, etc.
- Clearly describe the proposed plan you would like The Sheckler Foundation to help you execute
- All entries MUST have a YouTube video link telling the story. No entries without a video element will be considered
- Four finalists will be announced on March 7, 2018, and a final winner on March 14, 2018
About The Sheckler Foundation:
Founded in 2008, the Sheckler Foundation was created as an avenue for Ryan Sheckler, his family, friends and business associates to give back to the community and industry that they are so grateful for. Fueled by the desire to contribute to the many causes that directly benefit and enrich the lives of children and injured action sports athletes, the Sheckler Foundation will produce fundraising events, passion projects and web-based initiatives to raise capital and awareness. Our ultimate goal is to empower our community to “Be the Change!”