BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Protective Life Corporation (“Protective”), a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE:8750, “Dai-ichi”), today announced key organizational changes that reinforce its strategic plans and position the Company for future growth.
Effective March 1, 2018, the following organizational changes will be in place:
- Mike Temple has been promoted to Vice Chairman, Finance and Risk. Temple has served as Executive Vice President, Finance and Risk, and Chief Risk Officer since joining Protective in 2012 and has been a key member of the executive team. Temple’s overall responsibilities, including Dai-ichi Liaisons Support, Rating Agency Communications, Product, Treasury, Corporate Model, Risk, Acquisition Pricing and Hedging, remain the same.
- Scott Adams has accepted a new position as Executive Vice President, Chief Digital and Innovation Officer. Adams, who joined Protective in 2006 and most recently served as EVP, Chief Administrative Officer, will now be responsible for developing Protective’s enterprise digital strategy and roadmap. This new role emphasizes the importance of digital capabilities in delivering on Protective’s strategic growth plans. Adams will continue his work in leading the Company’s strategy and innovation efforts, while assuming overall responsibility for corporate branding efforts. He will also continue responsibility for Protective’s corporate communications function.
- Wendy Evesque will continue in her role as Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer. Evesque, who joined Protective in 2005 and previously reported to Scott Adams, has been instrumental in developing the Company’s employee engagement initiatives, as well as programs that recognize the important role talent plays in enabling growth. She will now report directly to Rich Bielen.
- John Sawyer, Senior Vice President, Life and Annuity Executive, will retire from Protective in June of 2018. At the end of 2017, Sawyer, who is deeply involved with several local Cincinnati charities, expressed his desire to dedicate more time to those causes and pursue several academic interests. Sawyer felt the strong financial condition of the Company, the positive trajectory of the business lines, and the well-developed succession plan cleared the way for him to pursue these interests. Over his 25-year career with Protective, Sawyer’s accomplishments have been many, and the Company has benefited from working with a high integrity leader who lives its corporate values and demonstrates tremendous loyalty and commitment to Protective. He will be missed.
- Aaron Seurkamp has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Life and Annuity Executive. In this role, Seurkamp will lead Protective’s life and annuity distribution and marketing organizations, assuming the responsibilities that were previously aligned to John Sawyer. Seurkamp, who joined Protective in 2004, has excelled as Protective’s Chief Distribution Officer for life and annuity. In that role, and in his previous roles, he has established valuable relationships with Protective’s distribution partners and formed strong working relationships across the Protective organization. Seurkamp will now report to Rich Bielen.
“Since becoming Protective’s CEO in July of 2017, one of my areas of focus has been on working with our leadership team to develop our priorities for 2018 and beyond and to implement an organizational structure that best positions us for success,” said Rich Bielen, President & CEO, Protective. “The changes we are announcing today provide the foundation for future growth, and I am looking forward to seeing what we are able to accomplish together.”
Protective Life Corporation provides financial services through the production, distribution and administration of insurance and investment products throughout the U.S. The flagship subsidiary, Protective Life Insurance Company, was founded in 1907. Protective’s home office is located in Birmingham, Alabama. As of September 30, 2017 the Company had assets of approximately $79.0 billion. Protective Life Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE:8750, “Dai-ichi”)
For more information on Protective, please visit www.Protective.com.