The global set-top box market crossed 300.8 million in unit shipments in 2017 and is expected to grow to 359.2 million units, recording a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% (2017-2022).
Set-top box vendors are focused on supporting devices that enable seamless rendering of high-quality video on a powerful user interface.
The ongoing analog switch-off in several emerging economies, refresh cycles in North America and some parts of Europe, and upgrades to advanced functionality with a richer user interface for quick search and discovery of content are driving the growth of the global set-top boxes market.
The growth opportunity stems from greenfield opportunities in emerging markets, acquisition of key market competitors, and addition of features to STBs such as HD functionality, security, and gateway abilities.
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecasts running up to 2022. The research highlights key trends impacting the global set-top box market and outlines future implications. These trends include over-the-top (OTT) streaming and app-based multi-screen experiences capturing mindshare from traditional TV, smart TVs potentially threatening the future of set-top boxes, and 4K ultra-high definition (HD) set-top boxes gaining strong momentum in the set-top box market.
- Detailed global market trend analyses-including market drivers, market restraints, technology trends, regional analysis, and competitive analysis
- Detailed unit shipment and revenue forecasts for the total set-top box device market
- A competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis
- A competitive analysis, concerning major participants and market share analysis for ARRIS, Technicolor, Huawei, Skyworth Digital, and Samsung
Key Issues Addressed:
- Is the market growing? If so, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the regional trends in the set-top box market, and what do they mean for the global growth strategies of vendors?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
- What are the critical success factors? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
- What are the major drivers and restraints in the set-top box market?
- What do vendors need to know to stay ahead of the curve?
- What are the key trends and how will they impact the set-top box market?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers And Restraints - Total STB Market
4. Forecast And Trends - Total STB Market
5. Market Share And Competitive Analysis - Total STB Market
6. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
7. Mega Trends-Global STB Market
8. Conclusion And The Last Word
- Skyworth Digital
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g3blt5/settop_box?w=4