BUENOS AIRES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Grupo Supervielle S.A. (NYSE:SUPV) (BASE:SUPV), (“Supervielle” or the “Company”) a universal financial services group headquartered in Argentina with a nationwide presence, today reported results for the three and twelve-month period ended December 31, 2017. All figures presented throughout this document are expressed in nominal Argentine pesos (AR$) and all financial information has been prepared in accordance with Argentine Banking GAAP.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Highlights
- Total gross loans, including the securitized loan portfolio, increased 55.7% YoY and 13.4% QoQ to AR$60.5 billion. Total balance sheet loans advanced 58.1% YoY and 14.9% QoQ, reflecting lower loan securitization.
- Net income of AR$851.4 million, up 60.0% YoY, and 36.4% QoQ. ROAE of 23.3% in 4Q17, as average. equity reflects the September 2017 equity follow-on. This compares with ROAE of 31.3% in 4Q16 and 27.0% in 3Q17. ROAA of 4.1% in 4Q17, stable YoY and increasing by 60 bps QoQ. ROAE in 4Q16 included AR$98.4 million extraordinary gain from the termination of the Supervielle Renta Inmobiliaria Financial Trust.
- NIM of 19.4% in 4Q17, contracted by 140 bps YoY but expanded by 90 bps QoQ. The YoY decrease reflects the combination of the non-recurrent gain from the termination of the Supervielle Renta Inmobiliaria Financial Trust reflected in financial income in 4Q16, a higher mix of both US dollar (US$) assets and liabilities and corporate segment loans along with lower Investment Portfolio returns. Sequential growth reflects the repricing of the loan portfolio, the benefit from the follow-on proceeds which partially offset the increase in cost of funds well below the 170 bps increase in the average Buenos Aires Deposits of Large Amount (“Badlar”) and a stable currency mix of the loan portfolio.
- Efficiency ratio improved to 60.2% in 4Q17 compared with 64.5% in 4Q16, and 61.9% in 3Q17.
- Non-performing loan ratio remained unchanged at 2.8% in 4Q17 from 4Q16 and 3Q17.
- Proforma Consolidated Common Equity Tier 1 Ratio of 18.4% in 4Q17, down from 19.5% in 3Q17 reflecting loan growth in the loan portfolio. AR$2.6 billion from the September 2017 capital increase were injected in Supervielle subsidiaries in 4Q17, while AR$4.3 billion remained at the holding level for future capital injections. Equity to Asset ratio of 16.1% in 4Q17 compared to 13.0% at December 2016 and 18.1% at September 2017.
Commenting on fourth quarter and fiscal year results, Patricio Supervielle, Grupo Supervielle's Chairman and CEO, noted: “I am very pleased to report that once again we met or exceeded our annual guidance targets. Our franchise continues to show its strength as we continue to implement our profitable growth strategy, expanding net income by almost 40% sequentially in the quarter. We exceeded industry growth particularly in deposits, growing YoY 57%, almost doubling system growth. Our diversified and competitive retail-based deposits franchise has proved to be one of our key competitive advantages and a key element supporting our strategy going forward. Our loan portfolio in the quarter expanded by 13.4% QoQ and 55.7% YoY, compared to 51.9% YoY industry growth. Similar to past quarters, the corporate segment was the driver of loan growth, while the retail segment continues to gain momentum through rapid growth in mortgage loans. Our good performance was also supported by a resilient net interest margin and improved efficiency as we continue to further leverage our branch network.”
“While improved macro dynamics were reported across all sectors of the economy benefitting our corporate segment, inflation remained higher than anticipated in the fourth quarter. Persistent inflation and soft job recovery continue to impact our consumer finance segment resulting in higher cost of risk. However, this was fully priced in. Our view is that this Administration will succeed in further bringing down inflation over the next two years. This presents an opportunity to position ourselves ahead of a stabilized macroeconomic environment and capture market share. As always, we are closely monitoring our portfolio to assure healthy loan growth."
“We are particularly enthusiastic with the accelerated growth in mortgage loans experienced in the fourth quarter of 2017 and based on our estimates in December we captured nearly 10% of the mortgages originated by private sector banks. As we continue to expand our customer base with focus on high-margin SMEs, this quarter we launched a new customized value proposition focused on serving the specific needs of transportation companies. We are very pleased with the ongoing success of our cross-selling initiatives, particularly in non-financial services. During the quarter we also opened two new branches in the City of Buenos Aires, in areas with large concentration of SMEs as we deepen our focus on this attractive segment.”
“Looking ahead, positive economic signs including GDP growth, job creation and lower inflation support expectations of continued growth in 2018. We continue to deliver on our growth strategy, with net income anticipated to increase between 64 - 76% during the year, driven by sustained loan growth, improving operating efficiency, while remaining vigilant around our risk profile,” concluded Mr. Supervielle.
Financial Highlights & Key Ratios
|(In millions of Argentine Ps.)||% Change|
|INCOME STATEMENT||4Q17||3Q17||2Q17||1Q17||4Q16||QoQ||YoY||FY17||FY16||% Chg.|
|Gross Financial Margin||2,890.7||2,348.7||2,133.2||1,927.8||1,951.6||23.1%||48.1%||9,300.4||5,928.1||56.9%|
|Service Fee Income, Net||955.1||903.6||861.7||757.0||717.5||5.7%||33.1%||3,477.4||2,446.9||42.1%|
|Income from Insurance activities||148.3||108.0||112.8||110.0||129.9||37.3%||14.2%||479.1||606.1||-21.0%|
|Loan Loss Provisions||-600.3||-481.3||-396.0||-342.6||-316.7||24.7%||89.6%||-1,820.2||-1,057.6||72.1%|
|Income before Income Tax||1,019.9||828.6||793.4||567.6||669.3||23.1%||52.4%||3,209.5||1,811.9||77.1%|
|Earnings per Share (AR$)||1.86||1.61||1.59||1.05||1.46||15.7%||27.4%||6.2||4.1||51.3%|
|Earnings per ADRs (AR$)||9.32||8.06||7.97||5.25||7.32||15.7%||27.4%||31.0||20.5||51.3%|
|Average Outstanding Shares (in millions)||456.7||387.3||363.8||363.8||363.8||17.9%||25.5%||392.8||319.8|
|BALANCE SHEET||dec 17||sep 17||jun 17||mar 17||dec 16||QoQ||YoY|
|Total Loans & Leasing||59,032.5||51,371.0||42,345.9||39,803.7||37,338.8||14.9%||58.1%|
|Securitized Loan Portfolio||1,423.9||1,960.4||2,226.0||1,361.3||1,483.9||-27.4%||-4.0%|
|Total Portfolio 2||60,456.4||53,331.4||44,571.9||41,165.1||38,822.7||13.4%||55.7%|
|Average Shareholders’ Equity1||14,641.3||9,239.9||7,432.6||7,009.0||6,807.9||58.5%||115.1%|
|KEY INDICATORS||4Q17||3Q17||2Q17||1Q17||4Q16||FY17||FY16||% Chg.|
|Profitability & Efficiency|
|Net Interest Margin||19.4%||18.5%||19.8%||18.7%||20.8%||19.1%||20.6%|
|Net Financial Margin||17.5%||16.8%||17.7%||17.7%||20.4%||17.8%||19.2%|
|Net Fee Income Ratio||27.6%||30.1%||31.4%||31.0%||30.3%||29.8%||34.0%|
|Cost / Assets||11.6%||11.6%||12.7%||12.6%||14.0%||12.1%||14.6%|
|Liquidity & Capital|
|Loans to Total Deposits3||104.5%||108.9%||98.9%||102.5%||104.0%|
|Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR)4||113.9%||122.6%||126.5%||125.9%||128.0%|
|Total Equity / Total Assets||16.1%||18.1%||11.7%||11.3%||13.0%|
|Proforma Consolidated Capital / Risk weighted assets 5||19.6%||20.7%||13.0%||13.4%||13.8%|
|Proforma Consolidated Tier1 Capital / Risk weighted assets 6||18.4%||19.5%||11.6%||12.0%||12.3%|
|Risk Weighted Assets / Total Assets||80.1%||85.2%||88.2%||83.0%||92.4%|
|Allowances as a % of Total Loans||2.6%||2.5%||2.6%||2.5%||2.4%|
|Cost of Risk||4.5%||4.4%||4.2%||3.9%||3.9%||4.2%||4.0%|
|Retail Price Index (%)7||6.2%||5.1%||5.6%||7.1%||6.2%||26.1%||41.0%|
|Pesos/US$ Exchange Rate||18.77||17.32||16.60||15.38||15.85||18.77||15.85|
|Badlar Interest Rate (eop)||23.3%||21.8%||20.1%||19.1%||19.9%||23.3%||19.9%|
|Badlar Interest Rate (avg)||22.5%||20.8%||19.6%||19.8%||21.1%||20.6%||25.8%|
|Customers (in millions)||2.4||2.3||2.3||2.2||2.2||2.5%||6.7%|
|Access Points 8||326||324||324||321||325||0.6%||0.3%|
1. Average Assets and average Shareholder´s Equity calculated on a daily basis
2. Total Portfolio: Loans and Leasing before Allowances, Including Securitized Portfolio.
3. On Balance Sheet Loans/Total Deposits.
4. This ratio includes the liquidity held at the holding company level.
5. Regulatory capital divided by risk weighted assets taking into account operational and market risk. The regulatory capital ratio applies only to the Bank and CCF on a consolidated basis and does not include the liquidity held at the holding company level- The Proforma consolidated capital ratio, includes the liquidity retained at Grupo Supervielle level after the equity offering, which is available for further capital injections in its subsidiaries. As of December 31, 2017, the liquidity amounted to Ps. 4.3 billion.
6. Tier 1 capital divided by risk weighted assets taking into account operational and market risk. The regulatory Tier 1 capital ratio applies only to the Bank and CCF on a consolidated basis and does not include the liquidity held at the holding company level. The. Proforma Consolidated Tier 1 capital ratio includes the liquidity retained at Grupo Supervielle level after the equity offering, which is available for further capital injections in its subsidiaries. As of December 31, 2017, the liquidity amounted to Ps. 4.3 billion.
7. Source: City of Buenos Aires
8. The increase in the number of Access Points in 4Q17, reflects the opening of 2 bank branches located in Chacarita (City of Buenos Aires) and Mataderos (City of Buenos Aires). 2Q17, reflects the opening of 1 bank branch located in San Justo (Buenos Aires Province) and 2 banking payment and collection centers.