DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Diagnostic and Guided Interventional Cardiology Products Market" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global product sales are projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during 2016-21, increasing from approximately $3,491.3m in 2016 to an estimated $4,761.4m in 2021.
The global market for diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology products is being driven by the increasing burden of cardiovascular disease (CVD). CVD is the leading cause of death globally, responsible for over 17 million deaths annually. This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the global diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology products market, which includes transcatheter angiography, guidewire-based intravascular stenosis assessment, intracardiac echocardiography (ICE), intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), optical coherence tomography (OCT), and robotic-assisted surgical systems.
This analysis includes a discussion of products, competitors, market forecasts, and opportunities in the global market for diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology products.
- Diagnostic interventional cardiology products are being utilized less frequently in the preoperative work-up of patients with suspected cardiovascular disease. These technologies are primarily utilized to guide minimally invasive therapies (eg stenting).
- Angiography devices, including cardiac X-ray systems and transcatheter devices, accounted for 59% of total product sales in 2016. Sales of ICE and OCT systems are expected to experience the strongest growth throughout the forecast period (2016-21).
- The market for diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology devices is anticipated to experience moderate growth during the forecast period, increasing to an estimated $4.8bn by 2021.
- The increasing burden of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and the growing elderly demographic, a high risk demographic for the development of CVDs, are the main factors driving growth in product sales.
- The US market for diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology devices accounted for approximately 35% of all sales, followed by the five major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). The strongest growth in biopsy product sales is expected to occur in the Rest of the World segment, which is being driven by demand for more sophisticated healthcare services in emerging markets.
Key Topics Covered:
i. Cardiovascular diseases overview
ii. Global diagnostic and guided interventional cardiology products market
a. Selected market drivers and limiters
b. Device segment insights
c. Technology trends
1. Cardiovascular Diseases Overview
1.1 Acute coronary syndrome
1.1.2 Angina pectoris
1.1.3 Myocardial infarction
1.4 Congenital heart defects
1.5 Heart failure
1.6 Peripheral vascular disease
1.7 Cerebrovascular disease
2. Diagnostic and Guided Interventional Cardiology Products
2.1.1 Angiography catheters
2.1.2 Angiography guidewires
2.1.3 Cardiovascular X-ray systems
2.2 Fractional flow reserve
2.3 Intracardiac echocardiography
2.4 Intravascular ultrasound
2.5 Optical coherence tomography
2.6 Robotic-assisted systems
3. Diagnostic and Guided Interventional Cardiology Products Market
3.1 Global competitors
3.2 Market forecast: US
3.3 Market forecast: five major EU markets
3.4 Market forecast: Japan
3.5 Market forecast: RoW
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/smh8g2/diagnostic_and?w=4