The global metal manufacturing market is expected to reach around $4000 billion in 2020
Going forward, the market is expected to stabilize due to recovery in developed economies and accelerating growth in emerging and developing markets such as Russia, China, Brazil and India.
The metals manufacturing industry comprises iron and steel foundries, alumina and aluminum production and processing establishments, iron and steel products manufacturing and iron and steel mills and ferroalloy manufacturing companies.
The metals manufacturing industry can be further classified as follows: Foundries, Nonferrous Metal Production And Processing, Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing, Steel Product Manufacturing From Purchased Steel, and Iron And Steel Mills And Ferroalloy Manufacturing.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the metal manufacturing market in 2016, accounting for around 60% of the market. This was mainly due to a large manufacturing industry in the region, especially for automobiles, telecom, machinery, and transportation. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for around 10% of the market. North America was the third largest region accounting for around 9% of the market.
Industrial robotics is gaining traction among companies in the metals industry. This is mainly because industrial robotics aids companies in reducing labor costs, improving workplace safety, and driving productivity and efficiency. Industrial robots have widespread applications in the metals industry performing tasks such as material handling, arc welding, spot welding, cutting, and press tending.
- Markets Covered: Foundries, Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing, Nonferrous Metal Production and Processing, Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing, and Steel Product Manufacturing
- Geographic Scope: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Arcelor Mittal
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal
- China Baowu Steel Group
- TATA Steel Group
- Hyundai Steel Company
- Kobe Steel
- GERDAU S.A
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8jwnxt/global_metal?w=4