SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon today announced its Best of Prime 2017 – revealing some of the Prime member favorites of the year. Built on a foundation of fast, free delivery, more than five billion items worldwide shipped with Prime in 2017, including free same-day, one-day, and two-day shipping. Prime is designed to make members’ lives easier and more fun with a unique combination of shipping, shopping and entertainment. Prime members used their digital benefits in 2017 more than in any previous year - putting The Grand Tour on Prime Video, “Believer” by Imagine Dragons on Prime Music and The Handmaid’s Tale on Prime Reading on the U.S. ‘best of’ list for 2017. Find Amazon’s Best of Prime 2017 on Prime Insider.
“From Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot to Imagine Dragons, Manchester by the Sea and even the Instant Pot, Prime members certainly have great taste! Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits included with Prime, and in fact, more new paid members joined Prime worldwide this year than any previous year. In 2017, more than five billion items worldwide shipped with Prime and members used digital benefits like Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading more than ever before,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “Our Best of Prime feature not only demonstrates what was trending this year, it also gives us insight into what members love, providing additional inspiration as we continue to innovate, invest and make Prime even better in 2018.”
Prime is even better with Amazon devices and Amazon devices are even
better with Prime
Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot top the Best of Prime 2017 as the best-selling products purchased by U.S. Prime members from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon. Prime members in the U.S. embraced smart home shopping in 2017, with Prime members adding millions of new Amazon devices to their homes, including Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Echo Dot and Amazon Echo. These devices allow Prime members to get even more from their membership by accessing music, video, photos, voice shopping and more.
Best of Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading and Twitch Prime
In the U.S., Prime offers members unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Audible Channels for Prime, Prime Reading, Prime Photos and Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
Amazon Originals Were in Demand on Prime Video
- Amazon Prime Video had a record year as a global streaming service. Customers in over 240 countries and territories around the world made The Grand Tour Season 1 and Sneaky Pete the most streamed Prime Originals.
- December 30, 2017 was the biggest streaming day of the year around the world, and the top streamed series on Prime Video that day were The Grand Tour Season 2 and Golden Globe-nominated The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- Manchester by the Sea was the most watched Amazon Original Movie in the U.S.
- Live coverage of 10 NFL Thursday Night Football games on Prime Video this season reached more than 17 million combined viewers in over 200 countries and territories.
- Based on trailer views, among the most anticipated Prime Originals in the U.S. were Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and Man in the High Castle Season 3.
Prime Music Playlists Provided Prime Members with a Perfect Soundtrack
- “Believer” by Imagine Dragons and “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers & Coldplay were top played songs on Prime Music in the U.S.
- Some of the most played artists in 2017 in the U.S. included Luke Combs, Imagine Dragons, Shawn Mendes, Kesha, Brett Young and Halsey.
- Prime members in the U.S. loved listening to curated playlists by Amazon Music experts, including; “Top Prime Songs,” “Uptempo Pop for Work” and “Relaxing Acoustic Pop.”
Prime Reading Unlocks What’s New and Brings Back Classics
- Dystopian novels held the top spots on Prime Reading’s 2017 ‘most borrowed’ list in the U.S., including Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale and George Orwell’s 1984.
- When it came to magazines, food publications Clean Eating and Bon Appétit Magazine held the top ‘most read’ spots in the U.S. on Prime Reading.
- The most popular Prime-eligible audiobook on Audible in the U.S. was No Excuses! by Brian Tracy and the most popular Audible Original Series for Prime in the U.S. was Bedtime Stories for Cynics.
More Great Entertainment with Twitch Prime
- Twitch Prime members worldwide ordered more than five million pre-release games with a Prime discount.
- Twitch Prime offered more than $1,100 in free gaming content in 2017 including 23 full games for free, 113 pieces of loot across 19 of the most popular games of the year like. This included rare or exclusive content in Overwatch, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, and Warframe, which were three of the most popular bundles of loot among Twitch Prime Members in 2017.
Instant Pot was Hot
A Prime Day favorite in the U.S., the Instant Pot heated things up in 2017. Instant Pot was the most gifted item on Amazon Wedding Registry and the most Wish Listed item of the year by members and the Instant Pot Cookbook was the most gifted book by members as well in the U.S. in 2017. In fact, the Instant Pot found itself a spot in homes from coast to coast as it was delivered to 27,000 U.S. zip codes.
Unlimited Fast, Free Prime Shipping
In 2017, more than five billion items were shipped with Prime worldwide. Members in the U.S. can now enjoy unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items – expanded from more than 50 million items. This is in addition to Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 U.S. cities and towns, and two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities.
Continued Prime Investments in Speed and Selection
With over 100 million items now eligible for free Prime shipping, Amazon continued to expand its fulfillment capacity for Prime members and the millions of small and medium-sized businesses that are able to offer free Prime shipping through Fulfillment by Amazon. In 2017, the Amazon fulfillment and shipping network increased by more than 30% in square footage worldwide. In the U.S. alone, more than 6,000 trailers and 32 Amazon Air planes were in place to serve Prime members during the year.
Every Day Made Better with Prime – Now in 16 Countries
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Tens of millions of members around the world in 16 countries enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Audible Channels for Prime, Prime Reading, Prime Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items, Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, and two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities. New countries that joined Prime in 2017 include Mexico, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Singapore. Prime is also available in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium and Austria. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.