WELLESLEY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renaissance Alliance Insurance Services (RAIS), New England's premier network of specialty services for independent insurance agencies, marked growth and achievements at its recent Annual Meeting in Newport, RI. Meeting attendees included more than 400 member insurance agencies, insurance company executives, service partners and staff. The two-day meeting encompassed networking and breakout sessions, kiosks, demos and interactive sessions in the Carrier & Vendor Pavilion.
Renaissance Alliance President and Founder J. Bruce Cochrane noted that this year’s meeting theme – Cultivating Curiosity – was chosen because curiosity is a vital personal and business asset for modernizing independent agencies and unleashing their distinct potential in the face of industry disruption and changing market dynamics. Cochrane says, “Curiosity is the sparkplug that ignites innovation, creativity and successful change.” He stressed the importance of agencies moving from a transactional business model to a flexible, consultative value proposition, emphasizing that the Renaissance Alliance model with its new data mining technology platform ensures that members are well positioned to compete going forward.
Among the prior year’s benchmarks celebrated by Renaissance Alliance members at the meeting:
- Premium under management for 2017 is projected at $580 million
- Agency members grew an average of 9% over the past year, more than doubling the national average growth of 4.4%
- Agency members now encompass 5 states: CT, MA, NH, NY and RI
3 new member agencies joined in recent months:
- AllKane Insurance Agency, Stamford CT
- The Haas Agency, Inc., Glastonbury and Newtown CT
- Peter M. Bakker Agency, Inc., Avon and New Hartford CT
- Renaissance Alliance member agencies made 12 acquisitions
9 agencies reached 15-year Renaissance Alliance membership milestones:
- B&M Insurance Agency, Inc., Wakefield MA
- Bates-Fullam Insurance Agency, Inc., Springfield MA
- Bernard M. Sullivan Insurance Agency, Inc., Ipswich MA
- Eldredge & Lumpkin Insurance Agency, Inc., Chatham MA
- G. W. Morisi Insurance Agency, Inc., Longmeadow MA
- Joseph A. Curley Insurance Agency, Inc., Wakefield MA
- Pope Insurance Agency, Inc., Plainville MA
- Ross Insurance Agency, Inc., Holyoke MA
- Woodcome Insurance Agency, Inc., Leominster MA
About Renaissance Alliance
Renaissance Alliance is a coalition of independent agencies, insurers, and service providers who work together to deliver "Best in Business" insurance services and products to personal and commercial insureds throughout New England. Headquartered in Wellesley, MA, Renaissance Alliance enables insurance agencies with the market differentiation, tools, technology and expertise to maximize sales, profits and equity. Members retain full agency ownership and 100% independence, while gaining the infrastructure for unlimited growth.