WEST WARWICK, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AstroNova, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALOT), a global leader in data visualization technologies, today announced the launch of the Everest® EV-5000, the newest chart recorder from AstroNova Test & Measurement. The EV-5000 sets a new standard for mission-critical applications where remote data is acquired, measured, printed and stored for back up.
“The new EV-5000 is a direct replacement for our field-proven Everest telemetry recorders, which for decades have set the standard for reliability and ease-of-use in data acquisition,” said Bryan Nadeau, General Manager of AstroNova Test & Measurement. “With its greater accuracy, faster data acquisition rates, increased storage capacity and the ability to print paper charts, the EV-5000 is ideal for use in fields such as aerospace and defense, energy generation, applied research and other disciplines across government and industry.”
Key benefits of the EV-5000 include:
- Faster Data Acquisition, with 8 single-ended isolated or 16 differential analog inputs that can be sampled at up to 200 kHz per channel, with high channel-to-channel isolation and channel-to-ground isolation.
- Easy-to-Read, Waveform Data displayed in real-time using waterfall charts on a high-resolution 19-inch touch-screen display. The customizable user interface allows color-coding for easy signal identification and color change for signals that exceed thresholds.
- Custom Filters and Increased Signal Quality with user-programmable digital signal processing. The touch-screen enables users to instantly mark and annotate data points of interest to review later.
- Additional Layer of Security with Windows® 10 and a removable, 500GB hard drive that is easily accessible from the front of the unit. Hard drives are easily exchanged for recording of classified and non-classified data.
- Patented, Thermal Array Printing Process that provides a detailed permanent record of tests and prints as fast as 200 millimeters per second.
The EV-5000 is scheduled to begin shipping this month. AstroNova Test & Measurement will demonstrate the product at the 2017 International Telemetering Conference (ITC), October 23-26 at Bally’s Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas.
AstroNova, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALOT), a global leader in data visualization technologies, designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad range of products that acquire, store, analyze and present data in multiple formats. The Product Identification segment offers a variety of hardware and software products and associated supplies that allow customers to mark, track and enhance the appearance of their products. The segment’s two business units are QuickLabel®, the industry leader in tabletop digital color label printing and TrojanLabel™, a leader in the light-production color label press and specialty printer markets. The Test and Measurement segment includes the Test & Measurement business unit, which offers a suite of products and services that acquire, record and analyze electronic signal data from local and networked sensors. The segment also includes the Aerospace business unit, which makes printers, networking hardware and related accessories. These products are used in the aircraft flight deck to print flight plans, navigation information and performance data and in the aircraft cabin to print maintenance data, receipts and passenger manifests. AstroNova is a member of the Russell Microcap® Index and the LD Micro Index (INDEXNYSEGIS: LDMICRO). Additional information is available by visiting www.astronovainc.com.
Information included in this news release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are not statements of historical fact, but rather reflect our current expectations concerning future events and results. These statements may include the use of the words “believes,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “likely,” “continues,” “may,” “will,” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements, including those concerning the planned start of shipments of the Everest EV-5000, involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond our control, which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties, and factors include, but are not limited to, those factors set forth in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2017 and subsequent filings AstroNova makes with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. The reader is cautioned not to unduly rely on such forward-looking statements when evaluating the information presented in this news release.