At the point of care or behind the scenes, care coordination by healthcare case managers helps to elevate clinical, quality and financial outcomes in population health management and chronic care, the all-important hallmarks of value-based care.
2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Case Management provides actionable information from 78 healthcare organizations on the role of case management in the healthcare continuum, from targeted populations and conditions to the advantages and challenges of embedded case management to CM hiring and evaluation standards. Assessment of case management ROI and impact on key care components are also provided.
This fifth comprehensive analysis of healthcare case management trends delivers 50 pages of newly collected metrics and measures on current and planned case management initiatives, presented in dozens of easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
This all-new data is derived from responses to the fifth Case Management Survey conducted in July 2017.
New in the 2017 Edition: This all-new report contains the following new data:
- Percentage of case management programs targeting Medicaid-Medicare dual eligibles;
- Prevalence of hybrid case management work locations (mix of primary care office, home, hospital, etc.)
- Challenges related to integration of embedded case manager on care team;
- Case management responsibilities in chronic care management;
- Frequency of social determinants of health screening by case managers;
- Use of telehealth and remote monitoring in CM-patient interactions;
- Quality measures as CM evaluation metrics; and
- Poll results: can the costs of patient-facing technologies (e.g. wearables, mobile apps, remote monitoring) be recouped through improved patient outcomes?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Findings
Results and ROI
Most Rewarding Case Manager-Patient Interactions
3. About the Survey
4. Respondent Demographics
5. Using This Report
6. Responses by Sector
The Hospital/Health System Perspective
The Health Plan Perspective
7. Respondents in Their Own Words
Most Rewarding CM-Patient Interactions
Improvements and Innovations from Colocated Case Management
Advice for Newly Hired CMs
Most Effective Tools, Protocols and Workflows
Most Important CM Program Component
Final CM Comments
9. Responses to Questions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fjxv64/2017_healthcare