ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the nation's leading tech trade association and owner and producer of CES® – the world’s largest tech event – today announced the election of its 2018 Executive Board and Board of Industry Leaders (BIL).
“What an honor to have such a diverse and passionate team of volunteer leaders helping CTA and CES continue to grow and thrive,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “The tech industry is delivering innovations that change lives for the better – and these are the executives helping guide the industry association. I congratulate each of our new volunteer leaders, and thank them for sharing their experience, energy and vision to championing our mission focused on ensuring innovation improves people's lives.”
CTA announced the 15 new members of the association's BIL and Executive Board during Innovate Celebrate in San Francisco, co-hosted by CTA and TechCo.
Joseph Stinziano, executive vice president at Samsung Electronics America is the newest member of the Executive Board, serving as an At-Large Member. David Hagan, chairman and CEO, Boingo Wireless, will continue to serve as the Chairman of the Board. Mike Dunn, 20th Century Fox; and Steven Tiffen, The Tiffen Company, will serve as the newly elected Vice Chairs.
EB members who will continue to serve include: Eliott Peck, Canon; John Penney, 20th Century Fox; Jim Mault, Qualcomm Life; Mike Fasulo, Sony Electronics; Randy Fry, Fry’s Electronics; Bridget Karlin, IBM; Laura Orvidas, Amazon; Fred Towns, New Age Electronics; and Pat Lavelle, Voxx International.
CTA's Gary Shapiro continues to serve on the association's Executive Board, along with Glenda MacMullin, COO and CFO, CTA, serving as treasurer; and Jacqueline Black, manager, office of the president, serving as secretary.
Along with the announcement of the Executive Board, which helps shape the association’s strategic direction and oversees its services and programs including CES, CTA also announced the newest members of the BIL. The BIL serves CTA and the Executive Board in an advisory role, supporting public policy and association activities.
CTA’s new BIL Members are:
Terms through December 31, 2017
- Richard Feller, Owner, Hedgehog Technology Services
Terms through December 31, 2020
- Eric Bodley, President and CEO, Future Ready Solutions
- Steve Carlin, Chief Strategy Officer, SoftBank Robotics America
- Marjorie Dickman, Global Director and Associate General Counsel, IoT & Automated Driving Policy, Intel Corporation
- Stephanie Dismore, Vice President & General Manager, Americas Channels, HP Inc.
- Bettina Experton, CEO, Humetrix
- David Inns, CEO, GreatCall
- Kenneth Lowe, VP & Co-Founder, VIZIO, Inc.
- Michael Mauser, Executive Vice President and President, Lifestyle Audio, Harman
- Drew Schiller, CEO, Validic
- Jack Sheng, Founder and CEO, eForCity.com
- Bob Struble, CEO, Directed Electronics
- Sonia Wadhawan, Head of Distribution & Channel Expansion, Google Hardware, Google
- Skip West, President and Owner, MAXSA Innovations
CTA’s continuing BIL Members are:
Terms through December 31, 2018
- Itai Ben-gal, Chief Innovation Officer, Bluewater
- John Bosch, President and CEO, Grand Destiny
- Scott Burnett, Managing Director, Global Consumer Electronics Industry, IBM
- Henry Chiarelli, Executive VP, Industry Relations, Gibson Brands
- Matthew Diamond, Chief Medical Officer, Nokia Technologies
- Mike Dunn, President of Product Strategy and Consumer Business Development, 20th Century Fox
- Denise Gibson, Co-Founder and Chairman, Ice Mobility
- Eric Hsia, Venture Partner/ Senior Adviser, TransLink Capital
- Bridget Karlin, CTO and VP, IBM GTS Technology, Innovation & Automation
- Dave Keller, VP Sales - North America, Vantage Controls (Legrand)
- Henry Muyshondt, Executive Director, MOST Corp. and Sr. Manager, Microchip Technology
- Paul Sabbah, President, Stamford International
- Jake Sigal, Founder and CEO, Tome
- Steve Tiffen, President and CEO, The Tiffen Company
Terms through December 31, 2019
- Ty Ahmad-Taylor, VP, Product Marketing, Facebook
- Jim Braun, President and CEO, Dual Electronics Corporation
- Deena Ghazarian, Senior Partner, TargetPath
- John Ivey, President and CEO, MiTek Corp. and AtlasIED
- Henry Juszkiewicz, CEO, Gibson Brands
- Omar Khan, President, Enseo
- Sally Lange, Vice President, National Retail, Sprint
- Noel Lee, Head Monster, Monster Inc.
- Mike Mansuetti, President, Robert Bosch LLC
- Jay McLellan, Vice President, Energy Management, Controls and Automation, Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- Doug Webster, Vice President, Global Marketing and Corporate Communications, Cisco Systems
- Tim Yerdon, Global Vice President - Marketing & Communications, Visteon Corporation
Ex-Officio Members (2018 Division Chairs, Investment Committee Chair and Foundation Board Chair)
- Melissa Andresko, Communications Director, Lutron
- Brett Beveridge, President, The Retail Outsource
- John Boris, CMO, Shutterfly
- Henry Chiarelli, Executive VP, Industry Relations, Gibson Brands
- Brian Dunfee, Sr. Director, Global Product Management, Best Buy
- Robert Fields, President & CEO, Beacon Technology Group
- John Godfrey, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Samsung Electronics America
- Hunter Hankamer, VP of Operations, Starpower
- Jim Mault, MD, VP and Chief Medical Officer, Qualcomm Life
- Rajan Mehta, EVP and CTO, World Wrestling Entertainment
- Paul Sabbah, President, Stamford Technology
- John Shalam, Chairman and Founder, VOXX International
- John Taylor, VP Public Affairs and Communications, LG Electronics
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $321 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
Innovate Celebrate - Register
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
CES Unveiled Paris - Register
October 24, Paris, France
CES Unveiled Amsterdam - Register
October 26, Amsterdam, Netherlands
CT Hall of Fame Dinner
November 7, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 9, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 7, Las Vegas, NV
CES 2018 - Register
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
CES Asia 2018
June 13-15, Shanghai, China