WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SPROCKIT, the leading program showcasing media, entertainment and technology startups in collaboration with NAB Show, today announced the newest startups selected to participate in SPROCKIT’s 2017 program. The companies were hand-selected by industry leaders to participate based on their potential to offer real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving market that many established media and entertainment companies face.
Now in its fifth year, SPROCKIT will convene the full 2017 class of industry-vetted emerging companies with its world-class corporate partners at its exclusive SPROCKIT Sync forum, being held July 19-20, 2017 at Google in Mountain View, California. Attendees will meet to collectively discuss new technologies that will advance the industry.
“With so much disruption occurring in the media, entertainment and technology industries, SPROCKIT is proud to facilitate accelerated innovation by connecting the right startups to our corporate companies to help them deliver business results,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO, SPROCKIT. “We continue to grow by focusing on quality and delivering positive results for all parties involved – both on the corporate and startup side.”
The new startups represent a variety of sectors with specific solutions for applications in areas such as advertising, analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning and include:
- AlertMe - An algorithm-based platform that helps publishers connect directly with readers through AI to create more engagement on an organic channel, drive first-party data and reduce traffic dependency on social media channels.
- AppTek - A pioneer in automatic speech recognition, machine learning and artificial intelligence that provides closed captioning, call center content discovery and mobile intelligent voice agent solutions to enterprises.
- Graphika– A mapping platform that analyzes social media data to identify community-specific influencers, content and conversations.
- SureWaves– An adtech pioneer that simplifies TV advertising globally with the first-of-its-kind programmatic TV offering Skynet.
- VideoAmp - A data-driven software company that unites brand marketing across TV and digital, allowing advertisers and media owners to transact across every device to make both the advertising medium and message more effective.
View the full list of participating startups here.
SPROCKIT corporate partners include Google, Fox Networks Group, HCL Technologies, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA Inc., Univision Communications Inc. and Verizon Digital Media Services.
Startups interested in participating in the SPROCKIT program are invited to apply here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with accepted startups invited to participate in future SPROCKIT Syncs as well as be heavily featured at the annual NAB Show, the world’s largest media, entertainment and technology event.
SPROCKIT is the media, entertainment and technology alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT, in collaboration with and support from the NAB Show, shines the spotlight on the industry’s most promising market-ready startups from around the world. Since its launch in 2013, more than 100 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, many of which have experienced successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions. Learn more at sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, April 7-12, 2018, is the world's largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.