MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rexnord (NYSE:RXN) announces DiRXNTM (pronounced “Direction”), its new digital productivity platform based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies. With its leading portfolio of tools, products and services, DiRXNTM connects customers to data and information, allowing them to optimize productivity across all stages of products’ lifecycles.
“Rexnord has been a vital part of industrial infrastructure for more than 125 years,” said Kevin Zaba, President of Rexnord’s Process & Motion Control platform. “We’re digitizing over a century of application expertise and applying it to traditional tasks and problems allowing customers to solve them in smarter, more efficient ways.”
DiRXNTM helps customers maximize production uptime and lower maintenance costs when utilizing Rexnord products and services by simplifying and accelerating the design, selection, order and re-order of critical components. Examples of productivity enablers include:
- Selector, configurator and drawing tools that use robust criteria and logic to quickly and accurately guide users to the right products for their needs.
- An e-commerce center allowing users and partners to fill a shopping cart, view transaction history, and track orders in a streamlined process.
- Remote connectivity delivering Rexnord’s extensive data on its installed base, quickly giving users time-critical and product-specific predictive maintenance information securely.
- Mobile technology for users to quickly access product installation information and learning modules, as well as data for automatic alerts for reorder or service needs.
- Connection of critical products to the IIoT to inform users of pending issues before occurrences that can cause unplanned downtime.
Rexnord developed the DiRXNTM platform after performing an in-depth analysis of e-commerce platforms, IIoT technologies and customer research to maximize user productivity gains and adoption. The designs follow digital technology standards and use a common infrastructure to ensure a consistent user experience.
For more information, visit www.rexnord.com/DiRXN.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rexnord is comprised of two strategic platforms, Process & Motion Control and Water Management, with approximately 8,000 employees worldwide. The Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services specified, highly-engineered mechanical components used within complex systems. The Water Management platform designs, procures, manufactures and markets products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation. Additional information about the Company can be found at www.rexnord.com.